free hit
counters
New Giugiaro Esprit? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

New Giugiaro Esprit?

Could this be a hint toward the new Esprit? :) Fast, revolutionary, and from the House of Giugiaro! And MJK is all about the Green now! It fits! MES is the new SEV! :)

:)

IMG_4703.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of the Vauxhall vx .might of got the name wrong that was done in the sixtes .Ithought that was a great looking car.............. i dont think there has been any great stylists for a long while................. Cheers Mike

I'd say his Maserati coupe looks much finer in the flesh than in photo -- and if you put it next to the new Pininfarina coupe, the sharp-edged Pinin car actually looks a bit bloated next to G's design.

I also got to get up close and personal with that funky Toyota supercar concept car he did. While too OTT for me, it was much more interesting in person -- and the ability to change it from LHD to center to RHD was pretty cool (worth the whole car, IMO, from a design/development/something new standpoint). :)

Edited by Tony K

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Bit OTT if you ask me. Giugiaro has done some strange stuff of late, this was another of his a few years ago, the Quaranta:

italdesign_Giugiaro_Quaranta_concept-2008-01-1024.jpg

Bad news if you need a new windscreen, dont think Autoglass would be up for it!

I think that they want exceed the extreme design from the last lambos. With regard to proportion the opinion is the last time out of proportion. And accidentally with wedge design.

Who likes the Bat mobiles? Absolutely not my thing.

I really like that first car ( the yellow one) as said would sit very well in the current crop. One small point though no pictures of the rear? why? Is it pig ugly or too much of a give away as to manufacturer who has commission the design!!?

I saw this car in Geneva last week. Altough the interior was exciting the rest of the car failed to seduce me!

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

If this yellow one would be the new Esprit I'd buy it instantly! Esprits need to be outrageous and good looking. This concept is all that.

The yellow one is TOO busy.

Agree

If this yellow one would be the new Esprit I'd buy it instantly! Esprits need to be outrageous and good looking. This concept is all that.

Also agree, but they need to clean it up and make it less busy just as Rich stated.

Otherwise a very new and agressive look.

Mind if I cut in ?

awesome car, round off the windscreen at the bottom and stuff in the lotus exige/elise fins to keep the brand connected i suppose and its a winner. very reventon on the rear

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

I saw that yellow thing in the flesh in Geneva. It sure is striking and pretty, but in real live that ass is huge, in fact the whole car is quite big - you can't really judge by the picture.

It is amazing how pictures somehow creates an impression in your mind that isn't true - for example I always thought a Porsche 917 is a huuugge car!

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Stevens (the world famous Esprit Designer) said Giugiaro was having an off day when he designed the Vamira and called it one of the worst designs at this years Geneva Motorshow, and said the new Aston One-77 was the best (April edition of Octane).

Edited by Mark Blanchard
  • 3 weeks later...

Just did some reading on this car, and was amazed to learn that it's to be a hybrid using an 814cc Rotary engine......Link to article attached below.

I must say, I'm not a big fan of the exterior design, however the hybrid system that is supposedly employed more than interests me.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2009/03/04/2009-...fastest-hybrid/

For me the difference between the Esprit and other cars is that its NOT outrageous but more elegant. Would be interesting starting a concept keywords thread to see what other words have been used to describe the Esprit... unless of course its been done already! :thumbsup:

c

• 3 weeks later...

Looking like we need some new blood in the designers studio. I'm fairly fond of the stuff Guigiaro did back in the day but recent stuff sux. Esp the ones pictured on this thread.

Sure like Pinninfarina's stuff of late, esp the work done on the Ferrari P4/5.

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

• 2 weeks later...

I tweaked the things about this concept that bugged the hell out of me. The original:

espritconceptatshowy.jpg

Crappy quality, but Tweaked:

espritconceptatshow1.jpg

Edited by Rodewaryer

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979