free hit
counters
originality 1977 esprit - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hello: I am in need of some photos of what a 1977 esprit should look like. I am thinking of making an offer on one for sale. I am a total newbie at esprits. thanks to Tony k on this site, he explained a lot of what to look out for on these cars to avoid the big money pit!!!

I'd like to see some photos of what a correct interior should be like seats, dash, carpets, door panels, etc... as i have heard some folks end up with cheesy, far from original interiors.

I'd also like photos to show all the correct exterior trim pieces, window moldings, as I heard that if these are missing, they are pricey to replace. without photos, i would not know if they are missing are not.

i am also interested in engine bay photos, showing the smog equipment (I am in california, and MUST have all smog stuff working), I assume this car should have dual Zeniths, right?? how about the EGR valve, gulp valve, etc...

also i'd like to see photos of what a correct exhaust system looks liek, the correct muffler and such. any other photos that would help a newbie buyer do a decent pre-purchase inspection for missing parts and originality would be very very helpfull.

I knwo the car has lost oil pressure (see my other post, ) I am thinking I can handle that issue, from the photos I am asking for here, i hope to avoid buying a car that has been messed up with wrong or missing parts as much as possible.

I have been into classic cars for thirty years, doing VW's. Porsches (914/356) and a triumph spitfire, so I know my way around cars fairly well, but the lotus is totally new to me, I have seen in person only a few up close ever (first one was when i was 13 years old, and teh james bond esprits (both road nad under water versions) were on display at a local shopping mall to promote the movie. it was really cool, and I have wanted one ever since.

thanks in advance for the photos and any other pre-purchase advice.

dave

Edited by dave77

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic