free hit
counters
replace rear mesh on the Rear bumper - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

replace rear mesh on the Rear bumper

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Colin, the mesh is normally haeld in by Glass fibre resin, I replaced all of mine, the only thing to consider is to ensure you have a resonnably open mesh, you do not want to restrict air flow.

When I did mine I used an alluminium Diamond mesh. Using the old one as a template I formed mine into a c shape so it almost held on its own, then using body filler I put dobs of it at 8" intervals. It seems to have held well.

Dave

When I took my old one off... It was attached with pop rivits and a little bit of Glass fibre resin around each rivit. For the front I will use something with larger holes in it, for better air flow like Dave said...

Must admit the air intakes always look to me like they are missing mesh, but not sure about the style you have. and how will you hold it in place?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I held my mesh in place using my Bosch electric glue gun!!

the glue melts to over 400C and if you clean up the area first then it bonds nicely.

Mine has been in place now for 4 years and has not come loose at all.

HTH

Justin

"Laugh" and the world laughs with you - "Cry" and you just wet your face...

Sure mate... will take some today.

I dont think i did any clean up and i think i just gobbed the glue in as you cannot see it from the outside lol...

looks great though. will put up a link as soon as i have taken photos

Justin

"Laugh" and the world laughs with you - "Cry" and you just wet your face...