free hit
counters
To Boldly Go ............... - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

To Boldly Go ...............

Backmarker

Calling all Astronauts/Cosmonauts and Space Cadets ...........

It's time to go where no man as gone before ...........

The Formidable Squadron (or NMEG if you prefer) will be visiting the Space Museum in Leicester on Sunday the 22nd March.

This is Mothers Day so make sure your mum come too.

The plan is to rendezvous as close to jct 12 M6 heading towards Cannock. As this is Buck Oneshot's territory, he'll provide us with suitable landing co-ordinates, so stay tuned. Plan is to meet about 9.30am and be on our trajectory by 10am.

Down the A5 to Hinkley, then A47 to Leicester. Once we hit the inner ring road, Ground Control (someone with Sat Nav) will guide us in.

We will be docking up with some southern softies either on landing or on the final approach.

Subject to astroids we should be landing by 11.30

If you intend to attend please add your name to SWEG thread

I'll see you on the Darkside of the Moon.

Buzz Lightyear

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buck 'shot reporting in!!

Have done an initial reccy and can report that the best place to touch down is as follows:

Just after leaving the M6 J12 heading along the A5 towards Cannock there is a layby on the left hand side (just after the lake). Suggest we meet up here for our onward flight.

There are a number of transport cafes but all the car parks are not tarmaced and full of pot holes.

So

lay by on A5 just off J12 M6 at 9:30am seems to be the time and place.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

As noted elsewhere i sould be in attendance. Really dont want to miss another get together. I may well be comming up from London or accross from brum. If im rolling from brum would it be possible to rendezvous at junction 10 of the m42 and the Junction with the A5. I do belive there is incidentaly a services here too.

sorry guys not going to have the "right stuff " so wont be doing an EVA this time, the day is also "Mother ship day" and we are off to see Renu's Mum

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Not looking good for this one as its Mothers Day.

Shes had a new manifold and service too (not Kirstie...........) well, alright she did get a service...... but that wont earn me enough brownie points even after the large purchase at Ludlow Food Centre.

I'm not giving up just yet......

Jon. Tamworth services are jct 10 M42 so meeting you there should be ok. Timing might be tricky so pm me your mobile number and we'll call as we get closer.

Simon. Hope you can make it. I'm planning to do Mothers Day when I get back. Perhaps you too could suggest Mother's Day tea

Mr Oogieboogie Fingers crossed mate.

Andy. Baby Lotus always welcome.

Howard. Pity you can' make it mate. See you at Donington. Any progress on the job front?

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Count Me In! Im hoping to meet up with you folks at Jct 10 of the M42. I shall be waiting in the services just let me know the time. Txt me or ring me on 07739905040... Keep me updated. i may well not be on here again until then due to work so drop me a shout on the phone or txt.

I am a little disapointed that we shant be taking in any "fun" roads... some lovely sweeping curves on an empty a road would be lovely......... :D

If you intend to attend please add your name to SWEG thread

Can't find this thread .... but was wondering if we had some form of group booking?

Just looked at prices to get into the museum... and I might have my wings clipped :o

Guys

I can't make it tomorrow. My mother and other family are coming across from Yorks for lunch. Haven't got a serviceable car anyway. SE is being resprayed and I have just removed the headlining panels from the TE to recover them. Have a great day all. See you all at Donnington.

Robert

Will be there tomorrow at the layby on the A5, 9.30

Anyone heading down the M6, I can meet at services from Sandbach onwards.

The car is washed, and Zymoled and looking hot.

Alex --"Han Solo"-- GT3

And as I said to Bibsy............."it's the car that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. I've outrun Imperial cars. Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, I'm talking about the big Corellian cars now. She's fast enough for you old man"

And as I said to a V8 owner......."She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Edited by Alex --GT3--

Good to see you Matt and the rest of the SLEG crew.

NMEG initially amassed on the A5 just off jct 12 of the M6. Even that didn't go to plan when 3 large trucks decided to use the lay-by we intended to use. Discretion being the better part of valor we decided to congregate in the lay-by on the opposite side of the road.

The crew was GrahamC in his gorgeous blue V8, Alex in his wingless GT3, Simon Gleave who's Orange GT3 has similarly gone wingless, Buck Shot in his Sport 350 and yours truly.

We set off to rendevouz with Jon (Hopo) at Tamworth services. Making good progress down the A5 we arrived at the services earlier than planned. Jon and his award winning S3 were already waiting so a tea break was called for.

Alex took this to mean that a full English breakfast on a bap was needed. When questioned his response would later be quite telling " Im not sure when I'll next be eating" ??????

Being just 45 minutes from the Space Centre we set off at a modest pace with yours truly leading. Approaching Hinckley Alex had a variety of lights on display on the dashboard so we make an emergency landing. The natives are friendly and bottles of water for the thirsty Esprit soon appear.

Convinced the problem is now resolved we set off again only for the problem to re-occur about a mile or two down the road. The decision is made to limp to Halfords where a new shiny pressure cap is purchased.

By now we're running late so a message is relayed to SLEG via Ground Control (thanks Bibs). Roadworks mean I take the wrong road but we're soon back on track.

On the lunar approach we discover that Leicester has more traffic lights than the rest of the UK put together. We manage to lose Alex (or he manages to lose us) before finally touching down about an hour late.

So apologies to SLEG for the delay and to everyone else whose day was longer than expected.

The Space Centre itself is well worth a visit and the ticket allows you to return as often as you like during the next 12 months. There's lots to see and learn.

The 360 degree theatre is a novel experience.

On realising that time was passing us by a prompt departure was needed. Whilst Buck Shot was heading back to Cannock the rest of the NMEG crew aimed for Loughborough for the convoy back. Well that was the plan. It lasted until the first set of lights about 20 yards outside the Space Centre. The GT-3's decided to jump the lights and that was the last we V8's saw of them ................. 4 pots hey?

See you all at Donington and thanks or your company today.

I'll see you on the Darkside of the Moon

Nice to see you guys.... I hope you did not have any more problems with the Dilithium Crystals on the way home.......

I managed to get some photos just after Hopo had departed

CIMG477071.jpg

CIMG477576.jpg

the rest are here:-

http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/s...Space%20Centre/

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Yes thanks to Cliff/ Graham for organising.

We managed to drive on the roads with most cameras, traffic lights, roundabouts in the country - a change from our normal hooning!

I was still jet lagged I think and fell asleep in the 360 degrees cinema show! Doh!

About the pitstop, cooloant had been evaporating out of the filler tank and the seal on the cap was shagged. The poeple in leicestershire who helped supply water were very nice, a big thanks to them.

I now have my first detailing complete on the engine. A shiny new cap.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.