free hit
counters
removal of rear radius arm bushing - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What is the best method for the replacement of the rear radius arm bushing?

I already have all the other control arms off for the replacement of bushings and my last one to do is the radius arm bushing.

Just looking at it, my sense is to take off the two mounting bolts that hold the bushing to the frame and then take off the two mounting bolts that hold the radius arm to the hub. I then can take it to the bench and work on taking the one main bushing bolt off.

To reinstall, I would then work on taking the heatshields off, assembly and torque the 2 bolts that mount the bushing to the frame and then thread in the main bushing bolt (note: obviously one needs to count the spacers and make sure the spacers are put back in the same place as this is what determines part of the wheel alignment).

only snug the bushing bolt a little....as you want the car at the ride height before going and torquing up all the bushings. The put the heatsheild back on

Does this sound right? Has anyone else done it? Anything to watch out for?

thanks

dean

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic