free hit
counters
Lotus Eclat Revival - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Eclat Revival

SJ's should do them, not the best quality carpet in the world but there is enough of it and its roughly the right shape... otherwise an excel one wont be far off... the diffrences in the floorpan are minimal, you might posibly need to get the piped peices redone...

Whats on the acheivements list today?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mds666,

Yesterday I took off the starter and will take that to be reconditioned today. Does anyone know if these are the same as an esprit. Remember my car is an automatic!. There is a spacer plate between the bellhousing and the starter motor and looking back through the receipts I have with the car there is a bill for this plate. I wonder if the starter motor has been replaced with a manual gearbox starter and this has required the spacer plate?.

Today's job may be to remove the carbs as there is a report in the history of poor idle and without doubt these will need doing.

Trevor.

103_1922.jpg

103_1923.jpg

I'll get around to it at some point.

not a part i recognise... have you got a pic of the starter itself? no point referbing it if its not the right one... the spacer plate dosnt look thick enough to affect the position of the dog gear enough... i will have a look tomorrow to see if it has anything listed in the parts manual...

It's an early snooper! from the era of Whistler and Road Patrol detectors.

:D

State of the art in it's day but scanned for ALL radar bands. OK it did alert you

to gatsos (k band radar at the time) so it was useful. But unlike the detectors that

followed it, you could not set to search for only certain bands. This meant that the

sensors on trafficlights and a whole manner of things not on the gatso K band would

give you false alerts, so in town it was a nightmare.

On the open road the early snoopers were OK, as sometimes the gatso was the only

radar device for miles, apart from the odd automatic door opener at petrol stations.

Piece of motoring history, i'd clean it up and leave it in there (if you are 100% it won't

start a fire!).

:)

Paul,

Somehow missed your post last time I looked so thanks for info. I think I will remove it as there is no point to it as I need a new Road Angel and will fit that.

I Picked up a new (recon) starter motor from Sahib's Auto Electrics at Hanger Lane. Very good service there as always and not a bad price at

Edited by Trevsked

• 1 year later...

As some will know this car is now jointly owned by Sparky and Wookie and as they both have many matters to attend to this year the likelyhood of this car seeing the highway anytime soon somewhat remote. To that end they are considering moving it on to another enthusiast to complete. Having bought and owned this car I can say hand on heart that it is an excellent place to start a light restoration and the car is all there and I would guess enthusistic work would have the car roadworthy in less than a month. All trim present and has only got 35K miles which is backed up by documentation. It's the right colour, mileage and model being a late car with the galvanised chassis not to mention a great price. No doubt Sparky will be along with any more details but if anyone is interested drop him or Wookie a PM. It will be posted in the for sale section as soon as fresh pics are available.

Trevor.