free hit
counters
Classic and Sports Car Show - Events - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Classic and Sports Car Show

Bibs

Dear Enthusiast,

We would like to invite your group to our "Classic and Sports Car Show" which is held at Northampton & Lamport Railway on 7th June 2009. Even if you can't attend the event we would ask that you could list us in your events diary, for any members that may fancy a day out and also to remember us for next year when hopefully you may be able to attend, please feel free to use any of the details below and to link to our website or my email address.

We would like to encourage more groups and organisations to treat this event as a social occasion - any thoughts or ideas you may have on club or group activities you would like to see and/or participate in, then let us know! If we gather enough interest we could open the show up as a 2-day event and perhaps provide entertainment on the Saturday night alongside a bar - please let us know what you think.

The Northants 4x4 group will once again be taking willing participants out on our off-road course and collecting money for cancer research charities. We also offer to our exhibitors: free admission to the show and to the Railway (for driver and all passengers); space for a club stand or group display area; overnight camping (also free of charge), with a group camping space if required; complimentary tickets for our steam train (to be issued on arrival).

There will be trade stands including autojumble, hot food as well as loads of classic vehicles to see on the day. We are also right next door to a Real Ale pub (the Brampton Halt) with two more nearby.

For more information and Entry Forms please visit our website at http://www.vintagetransport.org.uk/ - you can now submit your entry online without the need for printing and posting. Any queries? Simply reply to this e-mail message.

-= Simon Jenkins =-

Vintage Transport Group

Any interest in having an Esprit stand?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a really good weekend, with camping over night could be a good laugh (especially with lodsa booze) assuming the good old government has not taxed us to death by then. (might even start to collect drink now while I can still afford too).

Anyway, I would be interested in this one, how many would we need to make a display stand of some sort, have we done it before?

Dave

It would be rude of me to not attend this seeing as this is on my doorstep, especially as my normal drive each Sunday is from Northampton to Brixworth and back.

If anyone does make it, let me know (PM me for contact details) as I would love to meet up with you, and a night of camping sounds like fun, especially if this is at the Pitsford & Brampton station (next to the Brampton Holt pub).

In fact that more I think about this, the better it gets. I'm looking forward to being the local element at an event, heheh.

Good, I'm pleased it looks like a good show. Anyone fancy sticking their hand up to do the organising?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I would like to go as it's so near me and an Esprit stand sounds a great idear !

Matt

Edited by Matt-watts

Let me know If you have a S1 esprit for sale 🙂

I have heard from the folks who are organising the show and have found out the following:

There is no cost for us to have a stand and in addition, no cost for camping should we choose to get mightily drunk on the Saturday night B)

There appears to be no limit to how much space we can have (although I'm sure if we said we wanted 100 slots, we'd be told where to go; the pub??)

All cars that are shown must be road legal and have current motor insurance, they were being driven there, right?

It looks as if it would be feasible for me to be point of contact for this, so if we have any 'official stuff' for me to put on a table (and a table to put it on), I have a gazebo that could be used (no sides) and I'm sure that everyone would laugh to see a Ford Focus at the Lotus Esprit Forum stand, but you have to have roadies to cart the stuff around eh?

So far it sounds like interest from 4 or 5 owners. How many of you would like to show your cars? Bibs, I think this means that I officially stick my hand up above the parapet.

Good man Stephen, thank you very much :)

I'll be able to get the gazebo to you and some other display stuff, banners and info stands, cards and fliers etc. We'll work out logistics closer to the time.

Evora NA

Got it in my diary, this camping week end sounds like something we could do maybe twice a year, take over a campsite field, as long as we were close to a pub with food, I would be happy to try to organise something maybe sometime in late July.

camping? only in a 5 star hotel, last time I slept in a tent it was in the sahara desert..........

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

nope, off road safari through the Atlas mountains in Morroco....

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm trying to get meself on the case properly. Could you let me how solid your plans are?

The list as I have it so far is:

- Bibs (cos he's got to :) )

- Dave F

- Malc H

- Adrian H

- Matt

I will be there but because I only have a Ford, I don't count!

Did any (or all) of you want to show your cars as well or is that something that I should be assuming?

Is there anyone else interested in joining us?

I can confirm that the food at the pub is good, and there is a Domino's Pizza about 3 miles away if we decide on that instead, along with other, lesser establishments eg Indian, Chinese, chippy / kebab shop, etc etc.

If you are joining us and I don't have you on the list, or if you are on the list and can't come, let me know.

I'll pop along on the day to say hi. Only a couple of hours away.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

OK, here is the list:

- Andy B (Bibs)

- Dave F

- Malc H

- Adrian H (gasmangt3)

- Matt

- Anthony K (kimbers)

- Stephen B (bigbird)

Can you tell me, do you want to show your cars, and are you planning on camping on the Saturday night?

If you are camping, do you want to bring a caravan, or will you be men, and use a tent?

Sorry to push, but they want to know how much space to allocate us.

Cheers.

I'm with my kids this weekend, I won't be at this show!

Evora NA

:cheers: oh, hang on, MUST be a joke..... :animier:

Ah well. I hope you have a good weekend, missing out on all of the cool cars and the sights and sounds of Northamptonshire.

So the list now reads:

- Andy B (Bibs)

- Dave F

- Malc H

- Adrian H (gasmangt3)

- Matt

- Anthony K (kimbers)

- Stephen B (bigbird)

• 2 weeks later...

Just to confirm, happy to show car, will be camping over night, may come up on friday night, but where are the rest of the north london mob, sparky, felix, anyone else from the London lot ?

Looks like the convey from london will be limited, come on guys, sounds like a cheap weekend.

Dave

• Gold FFM

First time I've heard of this one - SLEGS are off to Goodwood!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I'm happy to say that the organisers have (finally) replied to the application and have said that they'll send more details this week.

I am told that there have been loads of applications and so this should be a really good show, hence the reason they hadn't contacted me until I started chasing them.

I have a couple of camp chairs handy, and plan on buying a table from the camping shop to try and make us comfortable, and with the Brampton Halt pub, we should have plenty to eat and drink. I have picked up the LEF gazebo from Bibs (cheers for my Esprit Experience!!) along with lots of other bits so that should all look good, and even if we only have a couple of Esprits on show, I will be happy.

Saying that, the more the better and if there are any others that are planning on coming and showing their cars, please let me know ASAP so that I can update the organisers. The list that I put together was a little bit cheeky :lol: as you had all said at that point only that you *might* be able to make it.

Cheers