free hit
counters
Hello :) - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jimjitsu

Hello :)

Hello all i have just bought a 94 esprit s4 in need of some major tlc so i am most likely going to need some help along the way thought i better say hi before i start asking for tech help :harhar:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome Jimi, you have most definitely come to the right place.

My first Esprit experience was an S4.

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Welcome and good choice of esprit, I have one!

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Welcome Jim. S4 is a cool model :harhar: Lets see some pictures? Have you much work to do?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

hey thanks for the welcome :) i have only one picture that i took on the way home from picking it up ill post it for you :D. There is alot of work to do on the esprit it is in bad shape but not so bad that i wont get it sorted might take a while but ill get there :)

post-5871-1237143162_thumb.jpg

Welcome on board Jimi :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Great colour. The condition belies it looks then Jim? Whats to be done?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Welcome from an Ex-S4 owner who had a load of work to do on his as well!

When they are running right, by god they are good!

Let us know whats wrong, many will have had similar experiences, people just don't keep them as they should!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Well where to start :) first off there is alot of rusty bolts and bits all over this thing, the engine feels lumpy like its missing every now and then, does not pull very well not like a car of this spec should , just about every electrical thing is broken or just not working right including lots of lights aircon windows etc and its got a fantastic oil leak somewhere oh and the paint job is rough around the edges its been resprayed but not to a high standard also with that there appear to be stress cracks here and there so a far bit wrong with it xD time to empty the bank balance on bits and pieces lol luckly i have two good friends one is a mechanic and one is a auto refinisher :D

Edited by Jimjitsu

the engine feels lumpy like its missing every now and then, does not pull very well not like a car of this spec should

Hi Jimmy...from an ex-S4 owner, also in yellow (not yours btw!)

When this happened to me, I thought...oh god this is gonna cost me dear, new engine needed or something, it was missing and vibrating like crazy at even low speeds...turns out just a bit of water in the plugs after heavy rainfall...half hour job to sort it...car ran good as new after...

here's a pic which i shamelessly post at every available opportunity but the S4 is such a great looking car B)

2cra5q1.jpg

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

Welcome Jimmy. Nice car :-)

Summers coming up your way, so there's plenty of time for fixing.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

There is the Lotus show at Donnington in April Jimi. A lot of us will be there. You might want to pop over for a day or two?

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

There is the Lotus show at Donnington in April Jimi. A lot of us will be there. You might want to pop over for a day or two?

Would love too just gotta get the thing running >< found a oil leak today and a badly fitted lambda sensor parts are in the post :)