free hit
counters
Best colour choice for brake calipers? - Page 2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
arbell9

Best colour choice for brake calipers?

Why are you changing the calipers ?

What are you trying to do to the barking system - Brembo equipment is perfectly good for the GT3 and it's weight, they fitted the same system to the early V8's remember and they have 200KG on us.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi All,

well i had my new discs, calipers and hoses fited today by Pete, Andy and Nathan at PNM engineering. I will try to be as factual as i can with this post.

The brake kit was supplied by Espritperformance.com (PM superdavelotus, Dave Walters for further details if needed). Prices are quoted on the website, however i was able to negotiate a small discount.

The rotors i have had fitted have been anodised to match the calipers, this was a trial set done by Pete to see how it looks. I didnt have pay extra for this as is was a 1st time trial. The ordering went well and Dave Walters kept me informed about order progress. I was able to see the discs at donny, but due to an order error by Hi-spec black calipers were sent by mistake. This didnt matter to me as I needed to wait a couple of weeks to get the time available for a fit. With Daves help I booked my car in for a saturday morning. PNM operate 10-2pm on a saturday which is really flexible for me. At Donny, we agreed a price for the fit which was

I agree Alex. The colour combination looks great. Sounds very promising on performance too. I am holding off deciding on my brake upgrade whilst you reach a definitive view on yours. Look forward to seeing them in action soon. You going to get down to Snetterton?

Saw Alex's car as I dropped mine off at PNM today and they look even better in the flesh.

Really good colour combo for the car and suits it down to the ground.

Good stuff!!

BTW for reference you can hear the car approaching from about a mile away lol

Cheers