free hit
counters
Hi from Hethel - Page 2 - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kimbers

Hi from Hethel

Welcome to the forum, Tony.

A friend of mine used to, in fact may still, work with Colin, Mike's brother.  How is he doing nowadays?

Looking forward to plenty of anecdotes.

Uncle Cols fine thanks. Great too see the family has made so many impressions on people. :blink:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
I understand that Val is now back in the Norfolk area from the guys that are now running an Attilla in series racing.

Would your dad know his whereabouts , or an email address ?

Cheers,

Mike

Mike

Dad says, sorry but that was before his days and, though he knows the name, he doesn't actually know Val.

Apols

Tony :blink:

Edited by Bibs

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Thanks for that Tony anyway..

I didnt realise I went THAT far back................??

Now you are really ARE making me feel old !!!! :blink::):)

Mike

( What the Hell , hanging on in there .!! )

Edited by Bibs

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Check out another new story in General section.....it coulda changed everything.

Hi Tony, glad you let Mike Brewer talk you into joining the forum :)

Pleased to hear about your dads new job in America B)

We are quite the bunch, dont you think?  :(  :blink:

heil.gif

(Im with your dad on the Mercedes thing) :P  :)

Love the picture !!!! will be sure to show it to the boss....NOT!

Mikes a good bloke and Claudia is great and the inspiration for his love of the cars I think....though she wants a pony too.....typical woman :) (don't mean it Claudia... :) )

Met him at Castle Coombe do earlier in the year when dad judged the Elite section. His old car won (suprise suprise).

...Castle Coombe do earlier in the year when dad judged the Elite section. His old car won (suprise suprise).

Hi Tony, nice to see you on these forums, I hope Mike will be drawn into making an appearance at a meet or two! Regarding your last comment, was it the bright red car of Elite club sec. that won at C Combe?? Was that your dads company car?? I always look at that one with envy at Lotus meets, still have the copy of Practical Classics where it was a feature car. I know the Elites are not everyones cup of tea but I love em.

By the way I have lost your email due to a clerical error (ie forgetting to save my inbox when wiping my PC). If you knock another message out I can rebuild my address book.

Cheers

Mark

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Hi Tony, nice to see you on these forums, I hope Mike will be drawn into making an appearance at a meet or two! Regarding your last comment, was it the bright red car of Elite club sec. that won at C Combe?? Was that your dads company car??  I always look at that one with envy at Lotus meets, still have the copy of Practical Classics where it was a feature car. I know the Elites are not everyones cup of tea but I love em.

Hi again Mark.....Try this picture. It's th old man with his old pride and joy....P.S. everyone just put an original 1979 rare press pack on e-bay.co.uk under name Kimbers34....also includes Esprit stuff

Hi all iam with mark on the elite great car ahead of its time .oliver winterbottom never got the praise he deserved fantastic stylist.reguards the pony nice thought ,claudia says hi .as every body has said thank you for joining the forum tony .mike

Oliver winterbottom never got the praise he deserved 

Too right, I was watching a Duke DVD the other night ("BEST OF BRITISH _ LOTUS") and they credited the Elite to Giugiaro :blink:

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Dad says he is more than happy to assist with filming/interview etc. Can put you in touch with private e-mail. Just send me yours.

Hi Tony,

That would be superb.

My email is:

[email protected]

Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up.

Kind regards

Alan

Too right, I was watching a Duke DVD the other night ("BEST OF BRITISH _ LOTUS") and they credited the Elite to Giugiaro

Ermm, hey guys. I agree that Ollie was a great stylist and he is my godfather so it's natural for me to agree. However, the Elite was great for 2 reasons first was it's agressive, ahead of it's time looks and the other was the reason it won the Don safety trophy it's Engineering design and "the bits underneath" it were absolutely years ahead of it's time....Let me think....who did that part......hmmmmmm :blink: Well the tall lanky bloke holding the trophy was Chief Engineer.....not boasting! just real proud. Even today he loves the Elite like it was one of us kids. ermmm well we were kids 25 years ago.... :)

post-1044-1133218157.jpg

Edited by Bibs

By the way guys, please check out some anecdotes/stories i have put in General.

Anthony,

Welcome to the forum.

I just dropped you a personal message (via the forum) to ask if you or your dad might be interested in writing up a story or stories for Lotus Ltd ReMarque.

Lotus Ltd is the national US club and the largest one in the US. ReMarque is the official publication and the site is www.lotuscarclub.org

Contact me off list if this sounds intersting to you. It sure does to me and likely all of our members. Just look at how excited we are here reading the stories.

Dom Giangrasso

Contributions Coordinator

Lotus Ltd ReMarque

dglotusltd.optonline.net

1977 S1 Esprit

Dom Giangrasso

1977 S1 Esprit - Lagoon Blue

Ermm, hey guys. I agree that Ollie was a great stylist and he is my godfather so it's natural for me to agree. However, the Elite was great for 2 reasons first was it's agressive, ahead of it's time looks and the other was the reason it won the Don safety trophy it's Engineering design and "the bits underneath" it were absolutely years ahead of it's time....Let me think....who did that part......hmmmmmm  :) Well the tall lanky bloke holding the trophy was Chief Engineer.....not boasting! just real proud. Even today he loves the Elite like it was one of us kids. ermmm well we were kids 25 years ago.... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Monsieur Kimberley junior,

a great welcome from France, and with you we start discovering the unknown side of Lotus : time of the genius Monsieur Colin Bruce Chapman and his own team and of course one of the cr

"Aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio" Salvator Rosa when 25 years old National Gallery London

Hi Monsieur Kimberley junior,

a great welcome from France, and with you we start  discovering the unknown side of Lotus  : time of the genius Monsieur Colin Bruce Chapman and his own team and of course one of the cr

Hello Tony:

I've been a Lotus fan since the Esprit was introduced in 1976. From there I became familiar with other Lotus achievements, and the work of Colin Chapman and his incredibly creative staff. Growing up in and around the Hethel plant must have been an adventure, both in design and build of cars and in the financial ups and downs of a small but innovative company.

Recently, I purchased a 2003.5 "Final Run" edition of the Esprit in yellow/black livery, VIN S/N 0545. I've since learned that the first VIN serial number (2003 date code) is 0543 and the last (2004 date code) is 0621. This leaves room for 79 builds, but there is contradictory information on the web that 30, 33 or 45 were made, and for the US market only. Do you have any information on how many of this model (with pleated seats, tire monitoring system, billet HVAC knobs, etc., signed engine, etc.) were produced? And were they only shipped to the USA?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Jay Brookstone

Los Angeles, California, USA

[email protected]

Hi everyone, My name is Anthony Kimberley and my dad was project leader and Engineering Director on the Esprit. I've joined because a friend recommended the site, I'm a total Lotus fanatic having grown up in the factory (literally) and also deal in Lotus memorabilia on e-bay.

Feel free to contact me if you have any technical or historical questions

Cheers all

Tony K

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes a book will be forthcoming in a year or 2. Of course we will notify when it is finished.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank's for your answer. I wait for the english version of your dad's book because I think that a french one will be at the level of french people passion for Lotus Esprit :):( : one car sold by year for the good one :( . Mine was in 12.1997. :(:(

Patrick

"Aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio" Salvator Rosa when 25 years old National Gallery London

Hello Tony:

I've been a Lotus fan since the Esprit was introduced in 1976.  From there I became familiar with other Lotus achievements, and the work of Colin Chapman and his incredibly creative staff.  Growing up in and around the Hethel plant must have been an adventure, both in design and build of cars and in the financial ups and downs of a small but innovative company.

Recently, I purchased a 2003.5 "Final Run" edition of the Esprit in yellow/black livery, VIN S/N 0545.  I've since learned that the first VIN serial number (2003 date code) is 0543 and the last (2004 date code) is 0621.  This leaves room for 79 builds, but there is contradictory information on the web that 30, 33 or 45 were made, and for the US market only.  Do you have any information on how many of this model (with pleated seats, tire monitoring system, billet HVAC knobs, etc., signed engine, etc.) were produced?  And were they only shipped to the USA?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Jay Brookstone

Los Angeles, California, USA

[email protected]

I don't but I will try and find out for you. Soz about the delay in replying only just re-checked this topic!

Tony