free hit
counters
v8 radiator removal - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
neil e

v8 radiator removal

Now I have decided which road to take please could someone point me in the right direction regarding the removal of the radiator.

I understand its a total pain to do, I have done many searches but cant find what I am looking for.

So can someone give me details so a plonker can understand it!

Cheers

Neil

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Now I have decided which road to take please could someone point me in the right direction regarding the removal of the radiator.

I understand its a total pain to do, I have done many searches but cant find what I am looking for.

So can someone give me details so a plonker can understand it!

Cheers

Neil

I'd recommend taking it to a shop, unless you have a lift you'll hate your life trying to do it yourself.

;) good call Paul! I've done it to mine, and both of John's cars.. it's a whole lot of fun. It's not the removal.. it's the re-installation. It doesn't go back together in a logical manner... I've reassembled it out of order twice now... and you think you're done... and then you realize that part "f" was supposed to go in before part "b"... and you scream a little.. take a deep breath and take it all apart again.. hehehe.

if its the same setup as the 4cyl esprit you can do it by yourself (help would be better) did mine with a set of axle stands and a trolley jack on a grass verge. look in the stevens tech section as there have been a couple of posts about the rad removal. biggest thing is take care as easy to damage things oil coolers etc

cheers guys for the replys

I will give it some thought as my jack and stands are no the best.

Neil

Hi Neil,

I'm in the process of changing my radiator too. How did you get on? Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks

Julian

Yeah ok, its a little auqward, even more so on the later cars, but its physically possible with a shitty jack ad s aet of stands.

Yes the fixing will most likely be rusted and much will need cutting off, by the sounds of previous posts there is a good chance you'll loose the oil coolers as the fittings can snap, but it really is very much possible to do yourself.

On my S3T with Aircon and another S3T without I've had the assemblies in and out a few time on my own no bother.

Yes they are a little simpler, granted, but I'd have a bash at it myself no worries.