free hit
counters
GT3 washer bottle leak - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ajheath

GT3 washer bottle leak

I know I'm grey already but after yesterday I swear my hair has turned white.

I decided to give the old girl a good run yesterday over to my folks place 50 miles away. This is it's first major outing since major surgery on the radiator.

All was well until I came out from the folks house to see a puddle by the nearside front wheel. My heart sank, no not another coolant leak??? I looked underneath but all seemed well with the rad and hose, my thoughts started to turn to the chargecooler rad, so I check the level in the header, but all was well, puzzling further I opened the front boot to find the washer bottle had sprung a leak, on the moulding that slides into the bracket. Boy was I releaved. So the question is what is the washer bottle from a 96/97 GT3 from? Or is it a Lotus only part. Has anyone upgraded to a more powerful system?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mine did that on the SE

I took it off and used araldite to seal the crack - put it on and hit it with a hair dryer - when araldite heats up it goes really thin and will get right into the cracks - little trick I learned during the war.

When that's set (should plug the gap) try putting some hot melt glue or something around it to help it seal.

It's annoying, I wish I could find the donor part as well ;)

Mine was doing this when i bought the car. I just smeared the inside of the bottle where the cracks are with some silicon sealent, job done, been ok for 2 years now

Thanks for the advice lads, Aredite and hot glue gun it is. I would really like to find a bottle with twin pumps to give the washers a bit more umph. I will see what I can find at the Stoneleigh kit car show next month.