free hit
counters
MOTOR SHAKING - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rene1993earlys4turbo

MOTOR SHAKING

HELLO, I have one for us to solve, two days ago went for a ride stop on a bakery shop ,when I got back to the car and started the engine start shaking I said was a litle skare ,so I head home at about 10mph .well got home and check for loose wires and other sign of damage I found the alternator vbelt some what loose so I tiden still looks like is not quite there but i'll fix that. now I notice when the temperature gets around 80c and I press on the gas the Idle starts to drop to about 9000 rpm or less and then it sounds like I have 2 cylinders running the hole car starts shaking like is going to brake the motor mounts so I beleve is the IAC valve what do you guys think about because the vacuum pump and other hoses are find I other the IACV from steve at SJ just in case

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

One of the two coil packs? Each coil pack fires two plugs.

At idle the piston only fires every other stroke ie once per revolution instead of two. So dropping coil pack could mean you're only firing once every two revolutions.

If so means you're being shaken instead of stirred.

Sorry , Iforgot I change the spark plugs and getting current on each wire so is not the coil the wires are one year old the thing that gets me is that from one minute to the next this problem happen could it be the management system because it only happens went the car gets to temperature

could be the beginning of a coil pack going, may be worthwhile taking them off and looking at the connectors for corrosion as the water can get inside and the rot sets in. 5.5mm socket x 4 bolts, also check the backing plate and earthing