free hit
counters
Engine stalling on start up - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fsrowsell

Engine stalling on start up

OK I have a problem with my engine when I initially start the engine up. It will run for about one minute then stall

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's probably due to the cat delete, mine does this often. A new O2 sensor may help.

Not sure but think you should have short circuited the vac pipes back at the soleniod and not at the sensor.

Pretty sure thats what I did on mine when EBV deleted. Haven't got it here though so can't check I'm afraid!!

After I did the de-cat, mine would start up, run well for a minute, then run really rough like it was about to stall, but rarely actually did stall. After 30 seconds of running poorly, it would pick up and be just fine. I reset the ECU, and it hasn't done it since. I also noticed the problem was the worst in hot weather, but I doubt you've experienced any of that lately :)

The IACV should be able to keep the car ticking over, it's its job after all. Try resetting it to give it a chance to start in the right position, it may be misaligned.