free hit
counters
Clutch Slave Cylinder Adapter - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
redlotus84

Clutch Slave Cylinder Adapter

I bought a new stainless steel braided hose from Steve at SJ sportscars, to replace the original red hose on my 84 Turbo Esprit (US). I noticed, however, that I need some type of adapter that screws into the slave cylinder at the rear of the car, which will then allow the new hose to connect to.

I emailed Steve, but haven't heard back from him.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Matt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I bought my adAptor from a company called burton power

You can find them on the web. They have a good cheap selection. They are about

Seriously guys....

The stainless braided hose is available to all LEF supporters at a substantially discounted price from Pipelines Motorsports.

Its superior to all others around with better quality fittings and guess what....???

ITS CHEAPER TOO....!!!

Also depending on whether or not you have an original or replacement slave cylinder the fitting may be different.

This can also be supplied from the above company.

Also, he can supply carb fuel line kits kits for the early Turbo cars, very pretty stainless hoses and anodised fittings :)

You have to be an LEF supporter to benefit from the discounts but here is what you get in return

S6000456.jpg

A choice of anodised alloy, plated or stainless fittings, a selection of colours, and the only one I've seen available with a 180 degree fitting at the master cylinder to mimic the original, all others are only 90 degree which are much cheaper. Also both ends are swivel fitting to make for a more professional finish.

All very impressive but its the wrong bore size anyone can make thease up in threr bedrooms but it's not the right size.as to the S&J he uses odd fitting and the wrong size pipe oh well someone recomend it and all will follow

Whilst I was waiting for my part to be delivered I made one up, using the original 3/8 UNF thread and soldering on another adaptor / connector. It worked but SJ should be able to tell you thread on the end of the pipe and you should be able to get the tread from the slave cylinder manufacturers.

Although it may not help I needed a 3/8 UNF to 3/8 UNF connector, I have an SJ sport cable and a land rover slave cylinder, G3727 part number.

Hope this helps

Dave

I also didnot have a problem with Steve's line... He just asked what size bore my Master was... Everything fitted perfect...

So then PercyPlonker oh wise and masterful one.

Please enlighten us poor misguided souls and bore us (see what I did there) with the facts we need to enable us to pass our fluids correctly.

I never have understood why people post up utter tosh, then leave without providing any uselful information and you my dear Percy are talking a right load of tosh!

Sorry Matt, this really isn't getting your problem solved is it!

Didn't notice you were the other side of the pond. You should be able to pick up an adapter locally from a good motorfactors or something.

Oh... Ignore Mr Plonker, your clutch hose will work just fine!

I get the feeling he'd prefer us to buy all our bits from Esprit Engineering.................................

I get the feeling he'd prefer us to buy all our bits from Esprit Engineering.................................

Why would someone recommend them? I've whitnessed their work 1st hand and indeed own one of their works of art!

It really is very funny workmanship I can tell ya! :)

Wow, Gang.

Didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest here! Actually, I found the adapter parts from SJ sportscars...they were in the bubble wrap that the hose was sent in!

Thanks for the extra info. on the threaded adapter using the Land Rover part- I actually bought one for a spare, and now I know what part I will need to make it happen should I need to replace mine!

Thanks again!

Matt