free hit
counters
MJK Hands over control of Lotus - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

MJK Hands over control of Lotus

Bad news and good news. Bad news that the guv'nor is still having back problems but good news that he is going to listen to medical advice to get fixed properly and further good news in that he will be back at the helm next month. When I saw the topic title I was scared that he was standing down for good.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much worse or more painful/frustrating than a knackered back!

Hope they get it sorted this time, and try to enjoy a months 'relax' (if there is such a thing)

Ian

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Have a good rest and hope your back to top form soon :)

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

• Gold FFM

Hi all

I wanted to send you all my most heartfelt thanks for all the kind messages I have received.

As you all know, my last operation was unsuccessful and yes I take some of the blame due to going back to work 3 days into the 6 weeks traction. But my commitment was and always will be to see Lotus through the unprecidented times we are all going through at present.

Once again many, many thanks for your best wishes.

Regards

Mike

p.s. Thanks for the picture of a nurse, when is she arriving?

Its very nice of you to take the time to say thanks Mr K, I do wish you a speedy recovery and hope the nurse gets there very soon....

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

The best of luck in recovery...more so in the area of attempting to leave work alone for the four weeks. From what I have read extensively of yourself Mr Kimberley you seem to have the work ethic of many of us that own an international business, start work at 02:00 and finish at 23:00. I could not fathom what I would do if my doctors told me to take time off from business for that amount of time...being in the equipment side of the industry, pay attention to your physical therapist...

Regards,

Christopher

Hope your recovery goes well Mr K. Not holding the reins for 4 weeks should not be that hard to do. Trust in the people who are under you to do the right thing. They have so far when you were there. They should now too.

Michael.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

p.s. Thanks for the picture of a nurse, when is she arriving?

When Sparky finishes hogging her :(:)

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

We all wish you well. You need to set a task for the engineers, a turbo powered hospital bed, a decent set of slicks, a bit of active suspension, problem solved. After all they designed a bike.

Roger :)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

:doc: Anthony , tell the tall man our best wishes ! Hope he will have a good recovery now :(

He's a young at heart :lol: , and really impressed us at the dunston...

:)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Hope your Dad is ok mate :sofa:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

nurse.jpg

As it has been four days, I am curious to know the status of the offered comfort. Has she yet arrived? If so, I am fearful that recovery could be prolonged; if not, I am fearful that recovery could be prolonged...

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Bobby, Martin & I were pretty shocked to hear of this. We wish you the very best for a full recovery.

Whilst the world is upside down, we enter a new age with Evora, largely thanks to you. I for one, believe the car is so very right; the Hethel collective have done an incredibly marvellous job and I look forward to the activity and the spotlight on our precious and wonderful brand that shall follow over the next few months.

Meanwhilst, I'd rest if I were you! We need you fit for a follow up performance!

All the very best from the B&C collective.

Scott.