free hit
counters
Shoulda gone private - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Shoulda gone private

Sparky

Oh Gawd, not good. Hope you are feeling better soon. Also sounds like you are on a mixed bay, something I still find unbelievable/unacceptable.

I seem to have spent more than my fair share of time in hospital. You can guarantee everytime, there is a nutter in there, who makes life hell for the nurses and other patients in general. It's also the lack of sleep thing that got to me last time, and other people's snoring and other bodily noises, well, it's not good. Last year I spent a few days in intensive care with three male patients in the same bay as me. I have never heard complaining and moaning like it, nor rudeness to all staff in general. But better than that, one of them would regularly light up in bed. Oh yes, all his relatives and visitors kept him supplied with fags and lighters. I did at one point ask why he could not be thrown out. Apparantly he would be able to sue the hospital for negligence if they had done so :sofa:

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wahaaay! Out at last, and a bit earlier than expected. May be a while before I touch any motors though...

Good to hear your out, I just missed Chris today at the meet.

So you not interested in changing an air filter on a citroen picasso then? :sofa:

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

• Gold FFM

I got paroled, and Chris had to leave the meet to pick me up a la Blues Brothers.

The ward was mixed but with single-sex bays of six beds each. The screaming woman was eventually wheeled out into the corridor to try and mitigate the impact on others, but the entire floor could hear her. I know this sounds awful but the woman was out of control, abusive and violent, and the staff did everything they could to look after her!

I'm no stranger to hospitals, and I think their staff do a wonderful job in often awful conditions and with limited resource. The NHS is far from perfect, but it's done OK by me over the years. This time I was looked after by a great team.

I always find my stays in hospital quite poignant - I strike friendships easily and spend a lot of time chatting with fellow patients - most of them far worse off than me. It's always difficult to say goodbye in these situations, as it's unlikely we'll ever see each other again. An interesting demographic - I was the youngest person on my bay by 27 years!

Anyhow, I'm told I shouldn't drive for 2 weeks (Donny?), mustn't do anything strenuous for 6 weeks (noooo - my clutch!), must remain on a porridge/soup/rice pudding type diet for some time (no steaks/pizza/anything) and may never be able to have fizzy drinks again (aaaaaaaagh - lager). Apart from that, everything's just peachy. :sofa:

Thanks for all your messages - it was fun logging on now and then. But only The Dodger came up with a naughty nurse piccie! Shame on you all.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

screaming woman was eventually wheeled out into the corridor.

Haven't shared with any nutters, but the one strange room mate I had to share with on one stay in hospital about 10 years ago, again in a room of 6 beds. The bloke in the bed opposite was a prisioner who spent his duration handcuffed to his bed with a prison warder permanently positioned outside the door - never got round to asking him what he'd done but didn't hesitate when he wanted to borrow my paper!

To coin a phrase, Hospital staff must have the 'patience of a saint' to deal/treat with all who come in.

Glad your out mate - Enjoy freedom.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I was very lucky on my one and only stay in an NHS hospital, I was in for a few days and Renu's father was still working at the same hospital as an assistant consultant in the same hospital so he kept ringing my ward to check on me which kept the staff on their toes....as for pepole in other beds I never spoke to them or they to me..

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Gold FFM

During my stay, that would have been Miss Friday.

Looks vaguely familiar?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.