free hit
counters
Front suspension - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
esprit s2

Front suspension

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Paul,

good choice on the shocks, I have pro techs fitted to my s3, good build quality, value for money and look good aswell :)

need my door seals doing aswell did you get them from sjs or another source! Enjoy the rebuild,

regards danny

That looks like fun.

The small plastic item inside the coiled up door seal, is that one of the door catch surrounds? If so where did you get it? I need one of those.

:)

Yep it is. You can get them in singles or in pairs from SJ Sportscars. Quite cheap them.

Got these as well.....

Edited by esprit s2

First hurdle......

I have a locking wheel nut on each wheel but have lost the tool that fits these nuts. Any suggestions on how to get them off? Will go down to the car now and get a picture of one of them......

Edited by esprit s2

I rounded the head of a bolt off so much once that I ended up welding a nut on top of it and used that to undo it. Not sure if it would work for your whhel nut and it was a last resort!!

I wish I just needed some new suspension part :sofa:

Paul.

You should be able to use a center punch in the holes to drift the locking wheel nut round.

Trevor.

dan

are the protech dampers avalible with lower springs...especially on the fronts for the S3?

where did you source them?

what are your impressions on them over the stock set up? i have a N/A 81 S3 an im looking for an suspension kit down the road when time allows me to tinker with it.

any info would be apprieciated

regards

pp

Good luck with the suspension Paul. I'll be interested to know what you think of the setup once to get a chance to test it out!

Pete

There are some gizmos like these, some have threads, some have teeth inside, that are for "emergency" lug nut removal (wheel thieves quite appreciate them, too :) ), often found at "tool warehouse"-type outfits. Good Luck!

96296.gif

Hi

I ve got a set of Protecs on my S3 turbo. am very pleased with them to date, I like that they are completly adjusable in hight & damping. Good luck with the fit.

Daz