free hit
counters
My First Service - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ramjet

My First Service

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if someone can help. I am after the size of the sump plug washer. I am dropping the oil tomorrow afternoon (Have something on in the morning) and will have no shop open near me to get a sump plug washer if I need one. I can get Liz to go and get one in the morning, but need to know the size and type. (copper etc)

Also, would anyone out there know how much radiator efficiency you would lose from the bottom leading edge of the radiator having all the fins folded over on themselves up to the pipe through the bottom of the radiator (now corrected) and also from the license plate being mounted so it is partially covering the intake in the front spoiler?

I have drilled my plate so I can mount it in front of the bumper out of the intake path, but my son walked out and said 'Put it back dad. That mesh in the intake looks terrible' Have to agree with him on that.

Has anyone found an alternative for the mesh in both the centre intake and the oil cooler intakes?

Thanks,

Michael.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My original UK number plate was huge and did not cause any problems.

garage_gallery-3-1129800911_thumb.jpg

Now I've put a slimmer Oz plate on and still no probs.

registry_gallery-3-1191212007_thumb.jpg

I think there's a guide to replacing the mesh on LEW. I did repaint mine at one stage. Re - the oil change, make sure you have the right 'Hex' socket.

Well no probs. In the end I got it sorted as far as the sump plug goes.

What I am now wondering is if anyone has an electronic copy of a fact sheet that they display when they are showing their car? Instead of writing one myself I was hoping someone on the forum might have one that I can plaigarise for the show that I am off to tomorrow. Showing with lambos, ferraris, astons and jaguars so would like to have something there for people to read.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael.

PM Sent

S4 Spec Sheet good to go. I always have mine in the glovebox.

Just add your own car history down the bottom.

S4TechSheetsml.jpg

Edited by s4simon

Egad. Anyone that has changed their coolant.

How the hell do you get the radiator drain plug out on an S4? If it was tucked any further in, it would be invisible.

Michael.

Hi,

Couple of things, the mounting point of the number plate is covered in the workshop manual, believe it or not there is a measurement for optimum fitment. Not sure whether this is to do with airflow or legal height requirements.

As for the rad drain plug they can be a bugger to get out and the one on my old rad was siezed, probably easier to take off the hose to drop the coolant, but beware they are a nightmare to fill and bleed. I think it's 24litres so you will need at least 8ltrs of antifreeze.

Simon,

Your car had one reg off mine,

I have M196 PRA

Yours looks better nick than mine!!

Edited by mangel

Yours looks better nick than mine!!

The car was actually stored at a lotus dealership from 98 to 03 - so didn't get much use outside.