free hit
counters
Light switch repair - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Roger 912

Light switch repair

Rather than going to the trouble of removing the entire dash pod to get at the faulty light switch, I drilled a 1.5 mm hole directly under the switch, but in line with the centre. Then with a small steel rod managed to push the holding clip upwards and get the base of the switch out. I would have had to do the same to the top of the switch as well but the top clip was already broken.

With the switch now out, I could remove the wiring plug and dismantle the switch quite easily. What had happened was that one of the contacts must have been arcing and the plastic sprung rockers were damaged. Fortunately, I had a spare switch from an Esprit window winder and I dismantled this switch and used the plastic rockers in the old switch, but giving the springs slightly more tension. All of the contacts were cleaned with very fine emery paper and a small amount of grease was applied to the rocker base.

The switch was assembled, checked for operation and then connected to the wiring plug for correct operation of the lights before slotting it back in place in the dashboard.

Another job, jobbed.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.