free hit
counters
Reverse Lights always on - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
M3S2k

Reverse Lights always on

So stopped at my local gas station today to pick up a drink and left the car running. Walking back to the car I noticed that my reverse lights were on. Got back into the car and rowed it through the gears and got out and checked again. Lights were still on. Anyone else had this problem before? Does this mean that switch on the transmission is faulty? Something else?

Steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi..

I had the same problem mate and it ended up being the switch connected to the gearbox.

At first I thought it was an electrical problem (as I just added a rear view camera, tapped into the rear feed) but once I crawled under the car and tapped the x2 leads together which connect to the switch, both lights came on fine.

Switch was replaced a couple days ago, took 5 mins and cost

cool, thanks for the quick replys. I'll pull that switch out next time I take the car out. Hopefully I can just free it up. If not i'll just disconnect the plug until I can get a new switch. Reverse lights are so overrated anyways, haha.

Where is the switch located on the transmission as my lights will not come on??

It's on the right side of the gearbox just forward of the mount bracket that bolts the box to the chassis.