free hit
counters
V8 Engine number Identification - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chelsea Martyn

V8 Engine number Identification

Guest Chelsea Martyn

Using Scoule's engine number on another thread he posted, this should help people deciding if they have an engine that may fail due to Liners (pre June 2000), or anything else related to build date

Scoule'e number:

LL91899090414

LL918 They all start with this.

9909 The year and month of build

0414 The engine build number

So his V8 had the 414th engine built in 1999, completed in September.

Edited by Chelsea Martyn

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nope, sorry

Mine ends 30752 - by your explanation it would be the 30,752 engine completed in September 2000 :)

According to the Sport 350 register the engine number that Steve quoted isn't correct for his 350

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Guest Chelsea Martyn
Nope, sorry

Mine ends 30752 - by your explanation it would be the 30,752 engine completed in September 2000 :)

According to the Sport 350 register the engine number that Steve quoted isn't correct for his 350

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That 3 does not count as part of the engine build quantity. I am told that it was to do with some outsource work done on some blocks during the early/liner fitting stages.

Mine has a '3' in it, Can't tell you if that means 'in-house' or 'outsourced'

but in your case it's engine number 752.

Lotus always get a bit cagey when asking about engine build dates. It's as if they may be opening themselves up with information they offer.

I cannot imagine anyone asking why an engine would be built, unless it was to do with liner issues.

I hoped that the info would be wrong! My V8 is a 2000, but I have a 99 build engine, so my legs are as open for a smack in the joe plums as anyone.

Even with a warranty, it probably won't cover it... The sealant is a consumable! The liners don't actually fail!

Edited by Chelsea Martyn

The engine number that people are referring to in this thread as being mine, isn't mine. I was replying to somebody elses post.

My engine number ends in 30750 :-)

It also seems like a few Sport 350's ran down the line together ... my car is #43, David's is number #45 and my engine number is 2 lower than his.

I wonder if the "3" in the engine number indicates the change to the hylomar sealant ....? Does anyone with the last three digits lower than 600 have a 3 in the fifth position from the right?

Edited by scoule

Guest Chelsea Martyn
The engine number that people are referring to in this thread as being mine, isn't mine. I was replying to somebody elses post.

My engine number ends in 30750 :-)

It also seems like a few Sport 350's ran down the line together ... my car is #43, David's is number #45 and my engine number is 2 lower than his.

I wonder if the "3" in the engine number indicates the change to the hylomar sealant ....?

Edited by Chelsea Martyn

Guest Chelsea Martyn
The hylomar was not introduced until June 2000, according to pretty mucheveryone.

My engine number ends '30122'

I'll ring Lotus today and get the correct answer on the magic 3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK Case solved

Look at the new topic for info.