free hit
counters
JPS repaint - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi All,

I'm a Lotus virgin but have taken the plunge with a JPS Esprit (No 10)

It's got a fabulous history but neds a repaint. Most trim is difficult to get off and when you do it's unusable again.

Can you stiil get the thin trim (gold) that runs along the edge of the windscreen along the roof line rain channels? Best people for decals and badges?

Thanks

Gary

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Hi All,

I'm a Lotus virgin but have taken the plunge with a JPS Esprit (No 10)

It's got a fabulous history but neds a repaint. Most trim is difficult to get off and when you do it's unusable again.

Can you stiil get the thin trim (gold) that runs along the edge of the windscreen along the roof line rain channels? Best people for decals and badges?

Thanks

Gary

I'm not sure about the gold trim, but you should be able to get everything else you need from SJ Sportscars.

http://www.sjsportscars.co.uk/home.asp

Les

SJ def do the gold trims that frame the windscreen (if they're still in stock). They are reproductions though that lack the slight curve that the originals had. You'll need to make sure you test fit and put in a very small bend across the length of the trim to get it looking right. Easy job, but they'll look wrong if you forget.

I have a good contact in the paint sprying business, he did mine, fabulous job, cannot fault his work. Came give you details if you would like.

Dave