free hit
counters
S4s front spot light removal - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
davevr6car

S4s front spot light removal

Hi,

Today I went to replace my cracked Left spot light. I managed to remove the undershield after breaking two rusty bolts. There are two bolts holding in the light. I had no problem removing the bottom bolt, but the top bolt just keeps spinning around. I can't get to the "nut" end. Do I need to remove the bumper? If so how difficult is it to remove? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

cheers

Dave

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi folks,

there must be some one out there that has had the same problem, or has nobody ever replaced a spot light on a 93 onwards esprit?

help needed

cheers

Dave

I've heard scary stories about bumper removal. Only because every bolt has rusted thus causing more headaches. If Lotus used S/S nuts and bolts the job would be easy.

I just replaced the globe in my spot light last weekend. Most of the bolts had completely rusted away - nothing there.

Cheers Lads for your replies,

Bibs,

after reading your link

it looks like I have to remove the lower bumper to gain access to the problem spinning ferrule.

Has anyone got any advice on this.

Am I getting myself into deeper trouble with rusty and broken bolts & ferrules?

Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

cheers

Dave

Dave, I've done both without removing the bumper.

All you need to get off is the undertrays as I recall.

I'll see if I can dig out any photos for you. You do need some gynaecological skills mind you!

cheers Simon,

I did try gain access via the front indicator/park light unit.....hands too big I'm afraid.

It is so annoying when Lotus use such cheap crap, when putting such a great car together.

Dave