free hit
counters
Rear window Turbo Esprit - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BadWolf

Rear window Turbo Esprit

Hi All ,

Just wondering if someone knows how I would re-attach the small rear windscreen in on my lotus turbo esprit S3 ? Should it be just glued in place ? should it have a rubber surround or do I remove something to re-secure it ? This is the small window that has the demister and should be in the Louvered section of the 'boot' its not the one at the back of the cockpit.

Any help would be great!.

Mike

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks for that Steve.

From what I can make out there were a few chunks of 'window glue' to hold the window in position.. maybe 6 of them in various places. Before I re-attached I just wanted to make sure its nothing more normal with a surround and rubber arrangement

Thanks again

Just had a quick look at rear window on mine as I've removed the louvers to repair them and have them resprayed, the window appears to be bonded with somthing like betaseal or sikaflex but thats all.

Rgds

JK

Richard and Justin,

First of all thanks for the responses. Its a mix of silastic and betaseal (or so the blessed tech manual tells me (in about 2 lines). I think i was expecting something a little more sturdy than just glue and plastic glue stuff :)

If anyone can take a quick pic of the window bonding and either post here or email to me just so I can see one in place that would be great! No rush!. Gotta find foam and fabric glue to finish doing the internal headlining trim around the sunroof.

Thanks to everyone again :lol: