free hit
counters
Green light wave - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Green light wave

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7998182.stm

I can't believe that the reason traffic lights have been so rubbish in the past is to make us use more petrol so we pay more tax! I can't think of anything more underhanded, how awful is that and our 'green' govt admits to it too!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is disgraceful! :) For a government that has trumpeted CO2 reduction so hard to admit it has been putting tax revenue before traffic fuel economy (and other pollution) is unbelievable. In fact, I would go as far as to say it is immoral. It's tantamount to overcharging. If any other organisation were found to have done the same thing it would be charged with criminal offences. Definitely an abuse of power, probably by this and previous gvernments. How long as this been going on?

Green wave systems have been in place in civilised countries like Germany for decades where they even have a sign next to the traffic light telling motorists at what speed to travel to get a set of green lights.

How about the government taking the next step and having good direction signage so motorists don't waste fuel driving round and round trying to find their way.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

If you had said that years ago you would have been called a crackpot! Goverment using red lights to make people use more fuel? Don't be silly.

So how crazy is it that the governments in the world use the natural global warming and call it man made, so they can raise taxes, employ more people in tackling it and using jealousy taxes?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Just another example of the stealth taxes brought in by this government.

So, what happens at a crossroads when the cars on all four roads are travelling at just under the speed limit!!!

In fact, I would go as far as to say it is immoral.

What this Goverment Immoral? never! Just don't mention the War....

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Its hard not be irrational when the Government keep shafting the common people. I can think of many and numerous expletives.

Problem is, they dont do the twats justice, even as a collective rant.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I can remember a few years ago when they were working in Manchester at the end of the Mancunian Way to complete the inner ring road some contractor put a JCB through the wires controlling the traffic light system and it went haywire. The result was total gridlock round Manchester, and the normal 40 min commute I had from S. Manchester to Salford turned into 3 hours.

Mindful of the fact that it was going to take 2 days to sort the issue, the next day they turned off all the major junction lights around Manchester, and put Police on these junctions manually controlling traffic flow using common sense. Resulting in....... my normal 40 min commute dropped to 25 mins! On a day when there were no traffic lights operating on major junctions!

Ever since then I've realised there's been something wrong with how they work.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

So you lot dont think traffic lights on a roundabout at 3am are a good idea either then ?

I just jump them, I must admit I jump a lot of common sense traffic lights now where it's perfectly safe.

2 places in kent they introduced a complex system of traffic lights on roundabouts that previously had none..........why........

Why do people sit there at night when there is no other car around for the lights to change.....drones

Obviously check your mirrors 1st :)

facebook = [email protected]

Legally, is this theft?

Theft Act 1978

Theft (Amendment) Act 1996

Basic definition of theft

1.--

(1) A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it; and 'thief' and 'steal' shall be construed accordingly.

(2) It is immaterial whether the appropriation is made with a view to gain, or is made for the thief's own benefit.

Seems to cover all the points. Shall I call 999 and report the theft?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Lets start a collection for a good lawyer! Actually...do you need one because they have already admitted to using it for years!!

Where's Graham when you need him?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)