free hit
counters
Passenger Window Question - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bcoupeesprit

Passenger Window Question

Hello all :)

I have a question in regards to my passenger window. The window motor does work...however.....when the window switch is pressed to put the window down the front of the window goes down before the rear of the window causing it to bind and stop/get stuck at the front. When I assist with my hand pressing down on the rear portion of the window it will go down as it would normally. I did a search to see if anyone had any similar problems but didnt come up with anything :rofl:

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

In the meantime I am going to take the door panel off and have a look :D

Brian

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It certainly sounds like a stuck/sticking mechanism or obstruction. How is upward movement? Do you feel any resistance when assisting the window? Does the window appear to be "loose" when halfway down (i.e. does the window feel solid or loose if you try to gently pull upward or down)?

Hello again,

I have removed the door trim and also the access panel within the door to check out the window guts (See picture 1)

The white plastic slider (See picture 2) is no longer one piece and has snapped in two :) this piece goes over a small metal ball on the scissor arm

I checked out the service manual/parts manual and I am not seeing this sold as a separate part but could be mistaken?

Will make a call tomorrow I guess and hopefully this white plastic slider is sold without the whole scissors assembly haha

Brian

Brian, I'd also suggest going to the local parts house and looking through their "Help!" section. They've got a lot of various parts and may have something that will work if the nylon slider isn't available separately. The "Help!" line of products is made by Motormite/Dorman. Check out www.dormanproducts.com. In the category search they have door and window. Looking at your picture, it looks like one of the first two items has a very similar looking nylon piece that might be a direct replacement if you can easily remove it and reattach it to your regulator. The Item numbers are 700-896 and 700-897.

those look like they might have worked with some minor modification...but i called up jae and he happened to have a lotus one for me :) so when it arrives and is installed i will take some new pictures

Brian

Glad to hear you got the piece ordered. It's always best to get the correct part.

Just had the very same problem with my drivers side door window getting fast on the way down and after examination found the same plastic part that slides in the window carrier channel had worn just like the one in the picture.

Does anyone know if and where this plastic slide can be purchased on its own.

Thanks in advance

Will