free hit
counters
Level 2 Exhaust - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ajb1967

Level 2 Exhaust

After my last post in which i said the Exige S2 was a noisy car i thought i may as well go one better, and since it was noisy anyway,get the dealer to fit the Level 2 exhaust kit to the car.This is the exhaust kit which is an option on the Cup260 version which has standard the Level 1 exhaust kit fitted.It has a decat bypass pipe.

They delivered the car back to me yesterday afternoon and it has gone from "noisy" to downright "deafening". HAHAHAHA

Forget the radio or even talking to a passenger once the revs get above 3500 rpm.It sounds like the boot and engine bay are acting as a resonance box and you can hear the car coming from 500 yards away :-)

Hmmm,amusing experiment but will have to decide whether i will be keeping this kit on it.I love the sound it makes but in practical terms i cannot imagine myself doing a few hundred km's in it with that noise.I suppose the route to then go is to buy one of the rally communication sets with headphones ;-)

That being said,one of the major drawbacks to owning Lotus cars is that i think you can be safely qualified as a sort of masochist ;-) Either you punish yourself with work or your wallet,or both in many cases :-) :-)

Have a good weekend guys

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Haha! If that's the same system as Kimbers has on his Exige it sounds amazing, very nice! :)

Well, finally I have got my new exhaust fitted...sounds pretty good, especially the very loud 'cracks' on the upshifts...not sure if i'm getting any flames...will have to get someone to drive behind me for a bit...if they can keep up that is :w00t:

Finally got around to making some videos with the new exhaust...

Question is...does mine sound better than Kimbers' ??? :rofl::D

Edited by Hippo

Sounds good there, hippo! :hrhr:

This is what I want for my NA,even my MR2 sounds better than my Esprit~ :thumbsup:

I'm going to custom make one twin outlet exhaust for my car few days later....just hope the sound get better..... :(

Thanks Allan, it's a Larini Club Sport if you're interested... :hrhr: