free hit
counters
Donington - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Donington

Backmarker

First of all guys apologies for the very short notice ........... I was unsure whether I'd be going Saturday or Sunday. I now know it's Sunday.

Howard and I are planning on getting to Donington for 9am to secure a good position on the car park.

The plan then is to meet on the Holiday Inn car park just off jct 15 of the M6 at 8am with a view to moving off at 8.15am at the latest.

Once parked up at Donington, we'll test out the bacon butties in the glorious morning sunshine whilst waiting for the Saturday crew to land complete with thick heads :thumbsup:

Anyone else intending to join Howard and myself for the flight in please sign in below:

1. Howard

2. Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll be coming from a different direction but should be arriving around 9am on the Sunday too :thumbsup:

Mr_John111 and Boots

(hopefully in convoy with Barrie (Bazza907) if our plan to meet at Toddington services works)

great news.. in the words of CW McCall looks like we got us a convoy!

thanks for offering to buy the bacon butties Graham...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

We will make our own way there as coming up the M6 adds about 50 miles and an hour to the journey, should see you there about 9ish.

Beware the parking is not up to scratch, today the Lotus only parking seemed to involve parking on rough ground while the repmobiles got to park in our usual tarmac car park :thumbsup:

Ade & Others,

To save some time it'll be the boring but direct A50 route.

Perhaps we can find some twisties on the way home:

1 Howard

2. Backmarker

3. Oneshot and Mrs Oneshot

4. Ian Heighway (hopefully)

5. Trevor (Greenman) (at Meir)

6. Graham (GC1) (if out of bed in time)

7 Simon Gleave

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Well all went swimmingly this morning until I realised I needed fuel ..............Oops, sorry chaps for being last man at the Holiday Inn

You know you're late if Simon Gleave is there before you :lol:

A50 was fairly empty and convoy was having some fun until some nump-head in a Nissan Z350 tried to spoil things.

Sorry to say I behaved badly and ensured that he was delayed a little more. Having him flash headlights and drive inches off my rear bumper didn't help his cause one jot

Once we'd finished playing with him we continued to make progress and were the first to arrive on the Lotus only car park in front of the exhibition centre. By now its still cloudy and chilly so bacon butties and coffee are called for

Plenty to natter about before wandering around the show. Usual sort of stuff PLUS the Evora. I do like this model and I hope it sells for Lotus. Press launch in Scotland next week apparently.

Mid-day photoshot in the lovely sunshine, obligatory burger and its soon time to take the twisties back home.

Over the bridge at Swarkestone we lose Howard. His phone is "not available" so we have to continue without him. What happened H? Did you get back OK?

Mr & Mrs Oneshot exit A38 to leave me and Simon to play on the country lanes :)

Simon takes the A515 to Ashbourne so I soon leave the A50 at Uttoxeter for more twisties.

Excellent day all round.

The consensus of opinion was to change next months meet from the Club Lotus event at Castle Combe to the Cars in the Park event at Mallory.

Both are scheduled for the same day, Saturday 23rd May.

So see you at Mallory "the friendly circuit"

I had great day out nice to see old friends and meet some new ones, great run to Donington in convoy , 3 V8's 1 S1 1 GT3 and and S4 also for part of the way we had a Nissan 350Z who was bit of a prat driving way too close to the back of Graham,, so he got boxed for a while....

on the way home got stuck behing a couple of sunday drivers over the bridge and lost the group, by the time I got to a junction had no idea which way to go, so went right and ended up back on the A50 so made my way home....

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Great weekend, I hope it stays in April for next year, as the weather really made the event and I spent most of the the 2 days nattering Esprit nonsense in the car park.

Sorry I missed you guys on the way home but we can't have been that far behind you as we saw Simon in Rocester when we had stopped for a 99 outside the JCB factory.

See you all next month for Mallory :)