free hit
counters
Stainless steel exhaust manifold - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jussi

Stainless steel exhaust manifold

What's the best place to find these and what will the cost be?

I was just dreaming to put stainless steel axhaust manifold to my car, cause old manifold is on the table at the moment. Nothing wrong with the original and will put it back if stainless steel is expensive.

I found SJsportscars have FULL STAINLESS STEEL SYSTEM, any other options, although I'm not sure if that even include manifold?

Sorry guys, lots of topics....I'm just dreaming to get my car back on the road....it's almost two years since the last drive :thumbsup:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I wouldn't bother with a stainless tubular manifold on a turbo, for a naturally aspirated car, I would. The problem is the distance from the closest exhaust port and the weight of the turbo, thus causing the manifold to have a great moment placed on the structure.

Andy

Thanks Andy, that helped a lot....my wallet won't be so thin :thumbsup:

Any other opinions? My main idea for changing is to get nicer sound B)

I'm again this same situation :(

Exhaust manifold of my car is a bit twisted, so we should grind it. But I'm a bit worried, if we put this original manifold back and after 2years it cracks or something else happens... then we have to make all this renovation again, taking cylinder head out etc. it will cost. Silencer is in a good shape and the pipes we have changed earlier (when we took the cat away).

Any of you have any information about reasonable price stainless steel exhaust manifold that's all I will need.....or then I just have to put the original manifold back :(

Got all the other parts from SJSportscars last friday. It will take about week, when we get the cylinder head back and can put the car back on the road....hopefully. I've been a bit frustrated, I thought we will get the car back on the road on next week :(

Bbis was going to talk with the head of global aftersales as its him decides if Lotus shouls run another load of the manifolds. Lotus has the patterns so its just a case if there is enough interest and cost for them to do it?

Buddsy

I am taking great interest in this topic as playing with my new ramps I have discovered a crack in my exhaust. I would like to fit a stainless steel exhaust but Andy your comment on loading by the turbo is correct (as always, our wise esprit god) however I am looking into making a turbo mounting bracket of the bell housing and clamped to the manifold. This will reduce the bending moment on the manifold mounting.

Good idea he says

any comments, and where do I locate a supplier please for themanifold and any idea of price.

Cheers guys and gals

It was disscused last summer I think and I order one from U.S but they are still not completed.

I'm hopping they will ready to ship soon.