free hit
counters
Questions for MJK - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Questions for MJK

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, was just another special edition......

haha again

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the Time ,... it looked "cool" as young people would describe it today.

"Far Out , Man ".. To me ............

But I havent lost the plot ,..........Just yet !!!!!!!!

And,.......... NOT workin on it !

Mike :D:D

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

I think the term I used for the Essex in 1980 was "Ace" or" Bostin ":D

Still remember seeing one for the first time like it was yesterday,it passed me on the Coventry Rd. doing at least 100MPH (in the rain) B)

Its the main reason I have one now :D

SUNP0003-1.jpg

My opinion only, but the only Giugiaro-styled Esprit that looks good broadside is the Essex Esprit. In fact, it's absolutely sexy.

The typical G-Esprit looks best from a rear oblique angle, but looks absolutely chopped when viewed broadside. I think the visual dissonance has to do with the shape of the side windows, the slight rise of the body, and the abrupt tail. The Essex Esprit however, looks great broadside. I think it's due to the horizontal red lines that contrast with the blue which guides one's eyes along different lines.

I'd love to see one other than in photos.

-Dave

All Cows Eat Grass

My opinion only, but the only Giugiaro-styled Esprit that looks good broadside is the Essex Esprit.  In fact, it's absolutely sexy.

The typical G-Esprit looks best from a rear oblique angle, but looks absolutely chopped when viewed broadside.  I think the visual dissonance has to do with the shape of the side windows, the slight rise of the body, and the abrupt tail.  The Essex Esprit however, looks great broadside.  I think it's due to the horizontal red lines that contrast with the blue which guides one's eyes along different lines.

I'd love to see one other than in photos.

-Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe it is also because it sits about 50-60mm lower than stock..J

Edited by f1karting

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..

Essex Petroleum was a sponsor on the Lotus 80 and Lotus 81 Formula 1 cars :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Essex Lotus for sale

this would look nice on the drive

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Just a small question. How come it took so long to put a V8 in the esprit. Could they have used someone else's engines??

Cheers

The car was always designed to take a V8 engine and this was always the companies intention, thats why a V8 could be dropped in no problems. But at the time it was always short of capital and it was "safer" to stick with existing models. I can't answer for the company after early 90's.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hi Mr. Kimberly and Tony

Do you or anyone else on the Forum know of any prototype drawings of the rear clamshell? Do you think a S3 could be modified with the clamshell?

This is a treat reading and discussing Lotus with you and your father.

Thanks!

louis

"83 Turbo

I remember that, when the Lotus Elite was released in the '70's, Chapman was driving a car load of journalists around the Hethel track when the trim strip across the top of the windscreen tore off. Leonard Setright, who was in the car at the time surmised that having the car laden with 4 adults affected the angle of incidence into the wind and that may have lead to the air getting under the trim strip and ripping it off.

Did Lotus ever find out why that trum strip came off and was Setright even close to being right?

lotus_sm.gif

Edited by USAndretti42

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Just a small question. How come it took so long to put a V8 in the esprit. Could they have used someone else's engines??

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Esprit as already noted was always intended to be capable of nesting a V8 motor. In the early 1980's this was being investigated when, due to advances in turbo technology, and a prototype by Bell & Collville, it was found that a lot more power could be acheived with much less investment that way.

Lotus decided to forgo the V8 idea until a later time and continued with the 4 pot turbo we all came to know.

Unfortunaltely, the V8 idea never was considered again. The V8 Esprit we have today is not a full develoment of the concept and is not what the V8 Esprit was originally meant to be - it was merely a marketing excercise while no investment had been made in a next generation Lotus supercar.

I remember that, when the Lotus Elite was released in the '70's, Chapman was driving a car load of journalists around the Hethel track when the trim strip across the top of the windscreen tore off.  Leonard Setright, who was in the car at the time surmised that having the car laden with 4 adults affected the angle of incidence into the wind and that may have lead to the air getting under the trim strip and ripping it off.

Did Lotus ever find out why that trum strip came off and was Setright even close to being right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excuses are like as*holes .. everybody has one :D

aren't they 20mph bumpers?

I don't mind them. But the S1 front looks better. It just wouldn't have fitted with the turbo body kit

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

aren't they 20mph bumpers?

I don't mind them. But the S1 front looks better. It just wouldn't have fitted with the turbo body kit

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

50mm less overhang would have made all the difference IMO.

in a 20mph front end collision, I bet the back bumber would break as well... :D

Even if they are rated at 5mph.. I bet there would be some body damage.

Heres one we would all like to know, and that is:

Why did the S3 get such great ugly bumbers?!

They were to get US homologation.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

just one simpe question.
Edited by Kimbers