free hit
counters
Diagnoses Please - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rogerch

Diagnoses Please

Accelerating hard through the gears I get no problem, if I get lazy and accelerate when I really should have used a lower gear, it starts to feel like the passenger side drive shaft is bent, which it isn't otherwise it would do it all the time.

I have concluded that my passenger side gearbox mount is less than perfect and the gearbox is lifting at this point point because of excessive torque because I'm too lazy to change down.

Does this sound accurate ? I would of course change both, but as I'm about to put an order on Steve at SJ thought I may as well add 2 of these, can anyone confirm they are the same and share a part number?

Roger :cheers:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Roger. Same happened to me, and I replaced both (same part no.) - it got rid of most of the symptom, but not all of it. I'm doing engine mountings next.

The engine mounts will also contribute to this, and if a gearbox mount had started to fail putting more force on the engine mount that side it may well fail also.

I do think you may be right, but don't just think about replacing the gearnox mounts