free hit
counters
Castle Combe 23rd May 2009 - Page 2 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gghc87

Castle Combe 23rd May 2009

Slight addition to the plan to allow the 'M25 Insiders' to agglomerate earlier for a bit more hooning and honing of pack-mentality. I have renumbered the participants so it doesn't get too confusing, and would hope that others will do the same if they want to shuffle themselves around to change their start point.

Spearmint Rhino car park (SL3 0EH on the A4, one mile from M4 J5) 08:30-08:45 then straight to Chieveley (40miles) to join the others for breakfast.

1: Sparky

2: Wookie

Bracknell (8.45am

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi guys. Should have posted earlier, but a bit of a wild day! What wookie says makes sense, so I'll aim for Spearmint Rhino for 0830. Trev said he should meet us there, as it'll just be a matter of his walking out the club door.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Hi guys. Should have posted earlier, but a bit of a wild day! What wookie says makes sense, so I'll aim for Spearmint Rhino for 0830. Trev said he should meet us there, as it'll just be a matter of his walking out the club door.

OK, Felix and I will see you there for 8.30 then. Just in time for Trevor to be kicked out, I heard he has his own parking space there :D

Edited by internets

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Yup, sure will.....

<br />

In practice, there is!

Great day, a hoon followed by a bit of track time and then being a passenger in an Exige :D

Did not get many pictures, I will leave the official pictures to Sparky and Wookie but here are some for now :rofl:

Thanks all :)

post-1877-1243106813_thumb.jpg

post-1877-1243106828_thumb.jpg

Edited by internets

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Just like to say had a great day.A big thankyou to Sparky for the ride around the track ... Nice to have caught up with some great people Cheers all .Mike

No worries Mike - nice to have a passenger for once. That was a blast!

Great day out. I think I put my camera away not long after arrival, but I'm hoping wookie got some decent shots. A few pics up to that point:

The London Group rendesvous point was Spearmint Rhino on the A4. I arrived early to find that Trevor was even more premature:

DSC_0846.jpg

Welcome to Sonny on his first hoon - our first V8 in the London Posse:

DSC_0844.jpg

And wookie was back in his Batmobile, now honorarily designated the Esprit S5:

DSC_0848.jpg

DSC_0855.jpg

Chris and Felix turned up - eventually. Unfortunately they missed the Spearmint Rhino speciality breakfast. Mmmm.

DSC_0861.jpg

A diverse lineup at Chievely:

DSC_0883.jpg

Pretty!

DSC_0886.jpg

Those London Group formation parking training sessions are paying off:

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0897.jpg

Parade lap queue:

DSC_0903.jpg

At this point I forgot all about my camera. Over to you, Chris...

I wondered if something 'Esprit-ish' was going on yesterday. I was on the way back from a few days at the Eden Project (a birthday treat for the girlfriend) and saw a few Esprits on the M4 - 3 Esprits in one day was too much of a coincidence! I wasn't in my Lotus though.

Hope you all had a good day guys - the weathers lovely today so I'm gonna pull the Esprit out of the garage and do a bit more work.

Signature not working...

Hello, Sparky et al.

I had a great day out with you guys. That was my first parade lap on my V8. The pictures were crystal clear. We just need to keep the convoy intact next time.

Kind regards,

Sonny

What a good day, I came down did the lunchtime parade, had a chance to hold back from the pace car and then give it some, good to see so many Esprits there,

All the best

Mick

Looks like you all had a good day without me, bstds. :)

Canceling all holidays from now on that clash with Esprit events.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Did we mention our 'Grotto' run on December 25th?

OUR grotto run?. Only been gone 3 days and I have mutiny already. Double bstds.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

A grand day was had by all with some serious, high speed pointing taking place

CIMG5966a.jpg

Here are the links to the photos I took at the event. All of the originals are 2816 x 2112 whereas the photobucket versions are 800 x 600 (the photo above is a crop from one of the originals). If you would like a copy of any of the full sized ones to manipulate/photoshop for yourself, please PM me with the photo number(s).

I've split the photos into three albums:-

Esprits 66 images from the parade laps

Non Esprits 67 images from the parade laps

Track Action 63 images from the 'track' laps. Mainly sequences shot at between 2 and 3 frames per second. Including an excellent sequence of Martin giving it some round one of the corners on his parade lap.

If you recognise any cars belonging to people who do not frequent this forum, please feel free to pass the links on to them.

Only one question remains... who is coming to a Marcos track day to take some photos of my car for me ?

<br />

In practice, there is!

The bloke on the right?

Batman-Robin-Photograph-C12150175.jpg

:)

Excellent pics Chris, very nice :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Sign in to follow this