free hit
counters
Steering Wheel Boss for Momo - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BigErch

Steering Wheel Boss for Momo

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a boss adapter which would allow me to fit a standard Momo steering wheel to my 1988 Esprit? I asked around at Donington at the weekend and no-one seemed to know.

cheers, Arch

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

thanks guys, I'll check these out

Did you ask the Momo dealer about this? That's where I got mine. However, I also needed to bring the steering wheel aft a few inches, so they installed a longer boss. On the SE, knee room is a little lacking (for tall guys, at least). A few inches aft moves the steering wheel away from the wider part of the centre console.

Cheers.

Ian.

That is wierd, I just put a post on Daves thread regarding the adaptor. If you're interested let me know there to see if we can get a few of these. Failing that I will contact Momo about the replace boss.

Do you have the Momo part number for the boss you used Ian?

Sorry, no, Alan. I would probably have to pull the steering wheel off to find the number as there is nothing obvious on the outside (if there is one at all). The Momo dealer didn't seem to have any trouble finding a boss. It's probably something they do all the time and probably have a list for all cars somewhere.

Cheers.

Ian.

Did you ask the Momo dealer about this? That's where I got mine. However, I also needed to bring the steering wheel aft a few inches, so they installed a longer boss. On the SE, knee room is a little lacking (for tall guys, at least). A few inches aft moves the steering wheel away from the wider part of the centre console.

I need those extra few inches :yes:

I tried mse-performance but they have none left. Most of the ebay entries are outside the uk and Momo to Nardi. Does it work the other way round if u turn it over - I've never used a steering wheel adapter before.

If anyone can source and adapter I'm still interested.

cheers, Arch

mse-performance got back to me, really to let them know of any interest/numbers I can generate. I don't think 2 counts as worthwhile!

That's an interesting idea about flipping the Momo to Nardi adaptors. I don't know if it will work though, aren't some of the holes countersunk?

I will email Momo about how much a boss will cost - thinking around the

Failing all that Elise parts do one but it is pricey.

Edited by gasmangt3

I think I've found a universal adapter which goes Nardi to Momo and Momo to Nardi.

Spec:

75mm P.C.D for Nardi & Personal steering wheel

71mm P.C.D for MoMo & Sparco & OMP boss seat

Adapter height:30mm

Aluminium construction

black in colour

if I buy 3 shipping is free. Anyone interested at

I'll order 3 anyway. Someone will want one eventually. Delivery to me could be up to 10 days.

Once they arrive I'll get in touch about payment, probably a cheque or BACS.

cheers, Arch

Thanks Arch, send me a PM and I'll give you my details and send payment.

Think I'll order my new Momo steering wheel! I wonder what others have fitted - an idea for a thread I think..

It looks like the two extra adapters are going to Rodewaryer and Mysterae.

They're due anyday now so I'll get back in touch to organise delivery.

cheers, Arch

I have one that is really good does not require you to alter the position of your existing hub. your new momo wheel will bolt straight on :santa: its made by works bell also has a black edge so you cant see its there

anyone else interested in these adapters Hipac have some ready for shipment...

Yes, I have more adapters for your members but only black color available now.

No problem, you can post my email address to them even my ebay shop.

I am able to relist the item and offer 5 sets at once with shipping free deal for you, the price would be 14.99+ 7 pounds postage of each to U.K if they want to buy it separately.

Cheers

Hi-PAC

Brian

email address is [email protected]

he also has a shop on ebay

I just bought a 95 S4 and want to add momo or aftermarket vsteering wheel. How do i get the hub and does it just bolt in place like the original. Thanks mate