free hit
counters
My Lotus is missing! Does this happen to you? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My Lotus is missing! Does this happen to you?

Car share  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got home today and it seemed weird, Vicki's car on the drive, my van on the drive...

Garage empty!

Lotus gone!!!

:yes:

It's a nice day and Vicki decided to take the Elise for the day as she had

a few hundred miles to do. Vicki was never a fan of driving the Esprit but

loves the Elise to bits, she even dropped it off to Steves for service last

month.

:)

So i'm wondering, of our members, who shares the car with their partner?

who has them insured on it? do they drive it when you are not a passenger?

Have they asked and been told no? etc.

:P

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you might need to be a 2 car, well Elise, family soon :yes:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

A solution, non?

f104866020.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I am allowed to use it, but only on Friday's when she takes my company car to go shopping.

I do have to promise not to visit any of my farming customers though as the bumpy farm tracks would spray mud up the side and rip off the front spoiler.

Still I always come home with a smile on my face on fridays..... I wonder why?

:yes:

I've been allowed to drive the Esprit a few times. Mainly out of necessity when he needs the four seat or luggage space of the CoF. He says he doesn't mind but I think secretly he has his fingers & toes crossed until it's returned in one piece!

I replied not allowed but my missus is allowed to drive it she just chooses not to at this point. Who knows in the future!

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

No one else I know including friends and family want to drive mine, so I am sole user.

Oddly though some random people, who I don't know really wanted to take it for a drive. They were so enthused at the prospect of driving my car and I presume maybe even modifying it that they came equipped with a screwdriver and tools even. They came whilst I was asleep and it was dark, which wasnt good planning if you want to drive someone elses car surely? They got impatient though, really wanting to drive, so used their tools to try and make the car work without me..

No no no no no no. Buy yer own Sarah jane xx

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Great Topic ,

And particularly relevant to me.

Yesterday,as the weather is so nice. A round of golf was called for.

So, the family car was comandeered ,as my wife informed me she would

not be requiring it.

On my return, i was told that she had, to use the Esprit at short notice.

She could,nt get the handbrake to work properly,and it kept stalling on her.

I know i should,nt have left the keys so accessible.

But she is now aware that she never ,never,never ever uses it again.

Rob.

The Elan is Fran's car so she's driven it regularly since we got it in 2003. In practice she never drives anywhere more than 4 miles away so I've actually driven most of the miles that we've put on her car.

She did drive the Esprit once on the way home after we bought it in 1990. Having impressivley negotiated a right angle bend at 60+ (much to my surprise!) she hasn't had another go since - her decision not mine.

Fran's insured to drive all of the cars, but chooses to drive the Jimny most often, the Elan occasionally and the others not at all.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

As my hubby (Mr John) is my mechanic I do let him drive my car but I must confess I am very relieved when I hear the soft dulcit tones of the engine calling to me and saying 'I'm home safe and sound'.

Although between you and me the car is prone to playing up after he drives it. Personally I think the car sulks because I let him drive it!

The beauty of living in a "stick challenged" family is that this issue never comes up. :yes:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

yes, Renu is insured tro drive my S4, but her previus Esprit was a Sport 350 and she misses the instant torque ...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

My wife tried driving my first Esprit on one time only. We were at at friends house for a BBQ with alot of people. (we had arrived at differant times so both in differant cars - me in Esprit) As the evening went on my wife thought it would be quite funny infront of my mates and hers to complain that I never let her drive the Esprit and see how embarrassed I became ect ect.

As we came to leave I through her the keys and said nothing as I got into her car and started the engine. Crowd gathered as she opened the Esprit door and got in. After a few minutes of looking at everything and the usuial trying to find the handbrake/releaseing the handbrake problem, she drove off with me in front of her. No more than 200 metres later came the first busy roundabout and this is where the problem started. I drove onto the roundabout then spotted my wife had tried to follow me on, entered the roundabout, then stalled, causeing everything behind to come to a halt. I ended up parking up another 200 metres up the road, running back to the roundabout, getting into the Esprit myself which was still blocking the roundabout then driving off with my wife trying to hide in the passenger footwell.

Strangly enough, the conversation of whos going to drive it never comes up anymore.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Yes she does drive the Esprit but generally prefers to take the TVR with the roof down. Have let friends drive the cars too, provided they have some performance car experience. After all, these are drivers cars and simply being a passenger doesnt even give you 10% of the experience.

The only thing I insist on is a quick run together first to explain the various idiosyncracies of the car like dont rush first to second, dont expect the clutch to act like the one on 4x4, for reverse go via second etc.... little details that could otherwise mar the experience.

My wife drove my Esprit, Kerbed it, stalled it twice and abondoned it near my house, telling me to go collect "That pile of crap".

I am now very worried, however, cause I have insured her on the Exige (she makes the insurance cheaper) and they are so much easier to drive.

Ermm....

2034.jpg

Graham. Stop kidding us!! We all know that was taken on the back of a towtruck!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

It was taken on a race track as is happens!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.