free hit
counters
Front bumper and valence fixings - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Winter

Front bumper and valence fixings

I have been delaying this job, but a wobbly left-hand fog light, non-operative low-tone horn and droopy valence suggest I need to delay no longer and bite the bullet.

Are stainless-steel washer- and stud-plates available to replace corroded and probably damaged-via-dismantling originals? How have others who have tackled this job proceeded?

Many thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi mate, yes I've done this but on an SE 1990. I did not find any replacement parts but I went to B&Q, or a hardware store and bought some 1/2 inch wide x not sure of the thickness. I then cut the strip into managable strips and drilled holes at the right pitch. Then welded a small bolt onto the strip. You can make these whatever lenght you like to suit.

Most importantly for those that are very difficuilt to get to you can make the strip longeer so you can hold it in place. The extra materisl does not matter.

It worked for me, remember to put lots of grease on them so if you have to undo them you can.

Happy to give more info if needed.

Dave

Many thanks.