free hit
counters
Problem, but dont know - light "check engine" - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sky_cz

Problem, but dont know - light "check engine"

i m totally lost and i ve no idea what to find, i ve used car yesterday and half today without any problem or other symtpoms, came to our car meeting, let the car run for free few min and cut off (as always) but after some time whan we want move out, i wanted start ....nothing dead silence.

when i turn key dasboard lights r on, i hear click on battery and typical sound of something (think pump) and than nothing only light check engine still there (+seat belts and handbreak).

what to find? starter? some fuse?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Starter solenoid? If you get somebody to turn the key to start and listen carefully you should hear it click. If you don't there's an issue. Do the obvious check fist, is there the really big wire going to the starter solenoid AND a much smaller but still heavy duty wire going to another terminal on the solenoid?

we ve tryed start cables from other car also ve made check for some fliped oud cables, leaks etc, all looks normal, it happend just so

some click is tehre, but thinked thats battery

Edited by SKY

Evt check the start motor replay back in engine bay relay box !

Which wire was it specifically?

contact between wire from keylock to starter