free hit
counters
Complete S3 NA Exhaust System - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hylandmotorsport

Complete S3 NA Exhaust System

Hi all,

I have forsale a complete exhaust system for a NA S3 Esprit.

It is used but in very good condition, I'm not sure of how many miles it has seen as it was on my car when I bought it, by its condition I'd say not very many.

Included is:(SJ part numbers in brackets)

(SJ085S0004) SJ 4 into 1 manifold

(SJ085S0011) Centre pipe with no silencer

(SJ079S0004) Rear silencer (stainless steel)

I've cleaned the system up and have painted it in 'very high temperature paint'. The pipes are in excellent condition but the flanges (plate with three holes) are a bit rusty, still very much usable but I just want to give an accurate picture of the condition. The rear silencer is in excellent condition, the rust in the picture is surface rust from the straps, I cleaned a spot back and it's still shiny stainless steel underneath. The centre pipe is also in very good condition, I have had a small crack welded and repaired (see picture). Finally the chrome tips are in fair to good condition, they could do with a good clean but would come up well, they don't look too bad as they are though. The complete system shows signs of having been previously fitted but not to the extent that it will affect use or re-fitting.

New this system is

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I am indeed interested. I need a new manifold as mine is blowing like a californian platinum blonde.... Im not sure if i would need to replace the exhaust yet but whilst im at it eh!

is the welding likley to affect the longevity of teh Exhaust?