free hit
counters
Manual boost controller - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Che

Manual boost controller

If you have a manual boost controller, do I need to retain the lotus stock boost solenoid?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would think so... as the computer will clue in that the boost solenoid isn't active (you could disconnect the vacuum lines, but you would need to still have it plugged into the electrical connection.) When I was finishing up the chargecooler kit on Johns car, we had a couple of evap check engine lights and the computer retarted ignition and added fuel and reduced boost pressure on me. So... What I'm saying is that even the smallest reason for a CEL will reduce horsepower.

Oh ok---I will try that.

I will plug the vacuum but just connect the wire.

Yeah I'm limited to 5-6 psi...but don't have a cel

5-6 psi? No CEL? what gear are you in when you measure this? The ECU is programmed to give certain boost pressures in certain gears. Sounds like you're testing in 2nd gear.

Did you check you're wastegate actuators to ensure that they are set properly? And... are you able to actually acquire Wide Open Throttle? The computer won't give you full boost untill something like 90-95% or more... I can't remember the exact stat.

Update: the stock wastegate capsules on Aerobats V8 were way out of adjustment -- .050 @ 4.5 psi... where they are supposed to move that much at 8 psi. So... check you're wastegates..

Sorry for not getting back with this thread.

I found the problem. I mentioned to the other thread that the silicone hose of the turbocharger has a small crack that is very hard to see. The hose is wrapped (heat shield material) and I cannot not see the crack.