free hit
counters
Removing Cats Check Engine Light - ECU/OBDII - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
04MBEsprit

Removing Cats Check Engine Light

I have been doing some research on removing the cats and replacing them with straight pipes. From everything I have gathered, either a race ecu or the Jegs oxygen sensor spacer will be needed in order to prevent the faulty cat check engine light from coming on. I used the part number for the spacer I found here, but nothing comes up for it on Jegs website. Does anybody know where I can find it? Will any o2 spacer work? Also, being in the states, I don't know where to order a race ecu from if I go that route. All advice helps! Thanks a lot.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The Subaru and other import communities use this to help trick the ECU into thinking the cats are still there.

http://www.socal-blitzkrieg.com/brett/showthread.php?t=1032

I did this to my WRX back when I had it and it worked great, have not tried it on the Esprit yet (have high flow cats).

When I used to have my STi, I just used the accessport and cleared all CELS. I had no cat on the car, and passed emissions testing no problem. Thanks for the links guys.

If you use the stock exhaust after the cats... you will get a CEL within a week.. even with the spacers, or so has been my experience.. I Haven't perfected this yet (seem to have a bad electrical connection,) but I am currently using the 02 simulators. www.o2simulator.com is where I got them. I have a "slow response" code right now, but i'm confident it's from a bad soldering job, which I will be fixing soon.