free hit
counters
God I feel like eating some serious pie today - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

God I feel like eating some serious pie today

kyliesmith.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, the pastry looks good, but on closer inspection the filling seems a bit suspect.

Isn't it breakfast time there?? :)

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Ah, well, when you put it that way: Pie On! :)

Edited by 73JPS

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Kylie,

I have been dreaming of an authentic Cornish pasty for the last week. We do have a chip shop here in Denver close to the house that endeavours to reproduce the pasty but is a very weak imitation. I guess I have to wait till the end of May when I'm back in Blighty for the "real thing". Especially after the Devon vs Cornwall pie contest results in the last week.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

Anyone else feeling hungry?

Do Donkeys like strawberries?

Always! I'm affraid. Just started the process of trying to loose 100lbs :(

Especially after the Devon vs Cornwall pie contest results in the last week.

Was that a cooking comp or an eating comp? :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Kylie what have you done !! I saw this post this morning, forgot all about, stopped on the way home to do my weekly grocery shop, and I end up with 3 meat pies, I never buy pies, and then I got 2 custard tarts I never buy them either, what have you done to me.......... :P

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

It's lunch time here and I am just heading out to p-p-p-p-pick up a pie.

I'll let you know how I get on.

For those who lust after pies try this website http://www.therealpieco.co.uk/#.

They don't deliver to Ireland but no mention of down under! :P

Was that a cooking comp or an eating comp? :P

See here about the uproar.

Kylie,

This could cause me a problem on my next Euro trip when I get stopped by US customs for trying to import 150 cornish pasties in my suitcase.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

I am actually a vampire and I have bitten you all in yr sleep. :P You will now lust meat pies .......ok?

Ooooh.....Ooooh....nibble, nibble, nibble...Don't stop! Don't stop! :bounce::bounce::2guns::2guns:

Edited by Iconic Ride

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

It's lunch time here and I am just heading out to p-p-p-p-pick up a pie.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Ohhh yeah go on.... :P

See here about the uproar.

Kylie,

This could cause me a problem on my next Euro trip when I get stopped by US customs for trying to import 150 cornish pasties in my suitcase.

Just tell em yr a baker and entering the national pie competition :bounce: And did they want to sample one....

350.gifNo.23

I seriously wanted the beef and ale pie for lunch while out to celebrate a colleague's time with the company / commiserate his departure due to cut-backs. Then l realised (Sparky may know the feeling) that a pub is one of the best* places to have a curry. So I had to forgo the pie, I still want a decent pie.

Best = designed to not be too hot for anybody who orders one. Thus, if a decent curry would cause digestive issues, have one at a pub, it's no more than a few pieces of boiled chicken in a tomato based sauce with oil in it.

I haven't actually eaten the pies yet, so you might have to come back and bite me again, this time I'll try to stay awake! :P

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)