free hit
counters
Engine specs - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Turbo may seem laggy.  To reduce the lag (to nothing) a good thing to do would be remove cat and EBP valve and muffler.  Replace that with a straight pipe with a small Borla muffler (where the cat currently is).  That would get rid of lag, assuming the rest of the engine is running correctly.

Fuel pressure is probably fine.  Actually stock injectors with a higher pressure regulator and a Sport 300 pump (though I'm not convinced that's necessary) support 331rwhp 360rwtq in my friend's '91 Esprit, with other mods.  Though you don't have the SE's secondary injectors dumping in extra fuel, so you would need that for much more hp than you are currently making.

For handling, I have the numbers and contact, for Carrera (QA1) shocks that'll work for mostly track use, a little harsh for the street.  Marcus' Gaz suspension look nice.  And JAE have some option too, including the SPAX that I have.  Though they aren't the best quality.

The V8 wheels will transform the handling, along with suspension and a hybrid SE V8 alignment.  But you'll need adjustable rear upper links to run the wide V8 wheels. see my web page.

Marcus also has a revised ECU/chip for you 89 non-SE.

You can easily rebuild the steering rack, see my web page gallery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good! What kind of power do you think I could make on this non se engine with an engineered air-water intercooler. I would like to make about 300BHP, I think that would suffice. I'm not too sure of the durability of these engines yet, not much posted on power potential and durability. The engine is a freshly rebuilt engine to stock specs, 15K miles or so on it so it's broken in. As for the exhaust, that's my intention, I have a shop making me a down pipe from stainless steel and a spacer to get rid of the EBP valve and cat. The engine seems to run fine, idles smoothly and accelerates quickly once it hits about 2500rpm and pulls til 7K when I let off.

Good ideas on the suspension, are these SPAX shocks readily available? This will be the next order of business along with springs(perhaps lower the cg and look a little better too). As for wheels, I'll be ordering a custom set of Simmons wheels in the not too distant future, but as I get closer to ordering I'll bug you some more about proper offsets and size for the setup, I am hoping to go 18 fronts and 19 or 20's in the rear.

BTw, do you have a link to the non se chip, what are the projected specs?

Thanks for all your help.

Art

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good! What kind of power do you think I could make on this non se engine with an engineered air-water intercooler.  I would like to make about 300BHP, I think that would suffice.  I'm not too sure of the durability of these engines yet, not much posted on power potential and durability.  The engine is a freshly rebuilt engine to stock specs, 15K miles or so on it so it's broken in.  As for the exhaust, that's my intention, I have a shop making me a down pipe from stainless steel and a spacer to get rid of the EBP valve and cat.  The engine seems to run fine, idles smoothly and accelerates quickly once it hits about 2500rpm and pulls til 7K when I let off.

Good ideas on the suspension, are these SPAX shocks readily available?  This will be the next order of business along with springs(perhaps lower the cg and look a little better too).  As for wheels, I'll be ordering a custom set of Simmons wheels in the not too distant future, but as I get closer to ordering I'll bug you some more about proper offsets and size for the setup, I am hoping to go 18 fronts and 19 or 20's in the rear.

BTw, do you have a link to the non se chip, what are the projected specs?

Thanks for all your help.

Art

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IN addition, you mentioned the sport 300 pump, I assume I can get that from Dave Bean Eng. and what about the higher rate FPR, are you referring to a higher base pressure setting, as I understand, the FPR is a manifold reference so it's rising rate, should I look into an aeromotive adjustable FPR where I can adjust to a 2:1 ratio or something like that? OR is the stock regulator petering out above a certain level? Sorry for all the questions but I searched and have found limited info on these specifics.

Art

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

The chips are here: The Chip link

I used the Spax shocks on my 1989 Turbo. They are alright, but the range of adjustment is ridiculously large. It goes from 'Ford Lincoln' to 'unsprung' in about 14 steps, so it doesn't really fine tune.

Oh, and don't repeat my mistake of putting the adjustment knob facing outwards. When you put the wheel back on, the knob is all but obscured. :D

Turn it to 'Ford Lincoln' and then count clicks. As I recall, I used 12 clicks front and 11 clicks rear for street driving.

Edited by hovgaard

Jens

15407iq.jpgProud member of The Fearless Red Squadron

Better living through turbocharging!

The chips are here: The Chip link

I used the Spax shocks on my 1989 Turbo. They are alright, but the range of adjustment is ridiculously large. It goes from 'Ford Lincoln' to 'unsprung' in about 14 steps, so it doesn't really fine tune.

Oh, and don't repeat my mistake of putting the adjustment knob facing outwards. When you put the wheel back on, the knob is all but obscured. :D

Turn it to 'Ford Lincoln' and then count clicks. As I recall, I used 12 clicks front and 11 clicks rear for street driving.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info, I've been looking into the spax but will also look into some other makes too. I have heard some good things about QA1's also but really need to get the braking system up to spec first. Biggest problem I'm running into is that all the support (aftermarket goodies) is all overseas in Europe, there's very little here stateside so I may have to learn how to convert the dollars to euro's and pound!

Art

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm