free hit
counters
Went drag racing yesterday at Santa Pod - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Went drag racing yesterday at Santa Pod

My mate is up from Cornwall this weekend so yesterday we were looking for something to do. We ended up at Santa Pod for the American muscle weekend. They were running a run what you brung so in a moment of madness entered my GT3. What a buz, never done it before but managed a 13.8 qtr which i dont think is too bad. I did 6 runs in total but stopped as the smell of clutch was getting a bit worrying.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Ade. Love the pics. Were you just watching your time, or actually trying to beat the chap next to you?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Great pictures Adrian, did you need a helmet? 13.8 is respectable especially considering what a barsteward the GT3 is to launch, probably it's worst feature IMHO.

I see you have ditched the black plates, did you get pulled?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Nice one Ade. Love the pics. Were you just watching your time, or actually trying to beat the chap next to you?

Just watchin my time Ian. The car next to me on the pics was a Ford Zepher with a big block chevy and a blower, and did 11.2.

There were other production cars there on the day. A Merc SLK AMG 55 manager 13.3, and a Golf R32 manager 14.7, so i was very happy with the old girls performance.

Great pictures Adrian, did you need a helmet? 13.8 is respectable especially considering what a barsteward the GT3 is to launch, probably it's worst feature IMHO.

I see you have ditched the black plates, did you get pulled?

Mark,

You only need a helmet if your terminal is over 110mph. Best I managed was 100.5 I did take a helmet but didn't use it, I thought I would be leaving myself open to abuse.

Yep did get pulled for the black plates, I will use them for shows i think.