free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit S1 battery? Which kind? - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
richard100

Lotus Esprit S1 battery? Which kind?

Could someone enlighten me on which battery to buy for my restoration s1 esprit? It came with just a hole in the rear end of the car - is an original or a new one the better bet? And which ampage?

Thanks

Rich

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

hi rich battery on my s1 is a varta and i recommend one with as many cold cranking amps as possible so if does not start first time you have plenty of amps to spare good luck

Hi just restored my s1 look and needed a new battery. Purchased one from Halford and not had a problem with it.

The problem I had was to do with the dimensions. The size of the battery fitting in the hole in the boot. I decided that taking the measurements and making a comparison between it fitting and the right ampage. Let me know if you want the code.

Thanks guys, one for the new, one for the old! I'm still in the dark! Carlos - did you not manage to get the right size then? Must be a bugger to carpet!

Ok thanks, if the sun comes out this weekend I'm going to get one and see if the engine works if time allows!

Guest surferphil

Hey Carl, Is that a forward facing air system you have? Looks just like my engine layout, any chance you could post a pic of the air box perhaps on my S1 Recue thread?

I have been trying to find a picture of one as my car was missing the original induction system.

Cheers,

Phil

Glad I'm not the only one with a battery problem!  I have a 78 Esprit in the USA.  What group battery will fit?  APPRECIATE your help!