free hit
counters
CAT Driver Training - Events - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

CAT Driver Training

The Lotus Forums have teamed up with new advertiser CAT Driver Training to bring a Lotus focussed driver training event to our members.

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk/

Date: Saturday 29th August

Time: 9am to 5.30pm

Where: Millbrook Proving Ground

1-millbrook-proving-ground.jpg

Costs:

There are a maximum of 8 people, first come first served and this is across the Esprit, 2Eleven and Evora forums. I'll keep a list of attendees updated on all 3 sites.

3 participants =

CAT_Mag_Article.pdf

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollocks! Wrong country... :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

1. Bibs - Lotus Esprit Turbo SE

2. internets - GT3

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Good man Chris, see you there!

PS I just added an FAQ and payment details :)

Just as an aside, a trackday at Brands Hatch with no instruction on the GP circuit is

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just an idea, not sure of the position with the organisers but I would be happy to attend but to take Photographs at various points around the circuit of all drivers and thier cars. Would make a nice feature on the forum.

Any comments Bibs

Dave

Can I bring the Vectra?

I love Millbrook its such a fab place to drive around, endless fun!!!!

If anyone is thinking about this but is unsure if its worth the money then I can deffo vouch that a day out here is worth EVERY PENNY....!

Did a rally here and it was such an amazing laugh :)

I'll let everyone else have a chance at filling the space and if theres any LEFt I'm deffo there in the silver rocket!

Chunky Lover

I can't decide about this one...the event needs an Exige though B)

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

Hmmm....it's very tempting Simon. :P

oh what the hell, I'm in... :)

Edited by Hippo

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

bibs,

Is this something that is likely to be repeated in the future?

I would love to do it but the date is a bit tricky for me.

Brian

Brian, if this event is a success and everyone feels that they learn a lot about themselves and their car then I hope that this will become a regular event for us. :)

Evora NA

Sod it, ya all had yer chance...!

Simon signing up for duty sir! :P

I'll either be in the silver, blue, black or green car, not sure just yet!

:)

1. Bibs (LEF) - Esprit Turbo SE

2. Chris (Internets - LEF) - Esprit GT3

3. Jo Lloyd (2Eleven) - 2Eleven

4. Ian (Hippo - LEF) - Exige S

5. Felix (fsroswell - LEF) - Esprit Turbo SE

6. Jonathan (LEF) - Esprit GT3

7. Simon (Simon350S - LEF) - Silver Vectra (err...Diesel), or Blue S3Turbo, or BLack N/A, or Green Celica GT...? Who knows!! LOL

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

8. Ian (Mayesprit) V8 or Mini Cooper

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Good man Ian, that didn't take long to fill up!

If anyone else is interested, please let me know and we'll have a couple of people in the reserve list, just in case :w00t:

Evora NA

Bonus!!!

Just checked. I can classify this as CPD. ie as a Tax deductible Business expense.

Happy Days! :w00t:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Bonus!!!

Just checked. I can classify this as CPD. ie as a Tax deductible Business expense.

Happy Days! :animier:

Just let me know who you need the invoice made out to and it will say 'Driver Training' which as you say is a legitimate business expense. We are also VAT registered and the price includes VAT.

Great to have you all on board for this event and we look forward to meeting you and working with you to give you a great day plus an introduction into what both you and your car are capable of :cheers:

Thanks for the monies I've received so far. Would the rest of you please let me have either your deposits or full monies asap so I can confirm the date with Millbrook.

Thank you

Jo

Ask the Expert - Colin Hoad - Evo Magazine

Watch our new promo film here: Corporate Overview

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

Hi Jo

Really lookin forward to the day out, its gonna be lots of fun! :animier:

My main acheivement is to try and get less than 35mpg average for the day! LOL normally get 50-60 easy

I should be able to drive there, do the day and drive home all on 1 tank of diesel :cheers:

Maybe I'll remove the rear seats and parcel shelf to 'add lightness' or maybe even add the 190bhp chip for the occasion!

Chunky Lover

Just wondering...do we need helmets? :)

Hippo - if you have your own helmet then please bring it, otherwise we have a large selection of every size for you to use ... with or without the fashion accessory hair net B)

Simon - I'm sure that fuel economy will be worked on :)

Jo

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

Didn't think about a helmet..!

That rules the Esprits out then cause I'd never fit in with one...!

Do the instructors have intercoms?

I did the drver training at Lotus some 3 years ago and the lack of intercom really spoiled the experience, you had to try so hard to hear what the instructor was saying but most of the time it was useless with all me hearing was, blah blah blah, so my side of the conversation was juts, "what?, uh, pardon?" I just assumed they were saying "flatout!" all the time, made for some interesting moments!!!

Intercoms are a must in my opinion, especially in Bibs car..... so you can clearly converse and then relax into your driving tuition.

I've got 2 x helmets fitted with peltor equipment and the control box to go with it if that helps anyone???

Chunky Lover

You will definitely hear what they're saying as that is critical for the training ... we don't like interesting moments :)

Our helmets are all open face to aid communication but we work with people in full face as well. We do have intercom equipment (Autocom) but that is primarily used for our work with permanently roofless cars i.e. Atoms, 2Elevens etc. On the day if anyone has any difficulty with communication then we can switch to the Autocom system and provide temporary equipment on the day.

In our experience there is only one circuit at Millbrook where hearing can be more difficult in a fixed roof car - the High Speed Circuit. Colin and Nick are programmed to talk louder here :)

As an aside we heard a story where the driver thought the instructor was saying 'Great Great Great' .... problems ensued as he was really saying 'Brake Brake Brake'.

Jo

That rules the Esprits out then cause I'd never fit in with one...!

I'm of the same feeling Si. Even with the roof on tilt, I still wont fit! Have taken the roof out altogether before on a track but didn't really like the feeling of the top my helmet was acting as the roll bar. :baby: