free hit
counters
LSD on track - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DBredS4

LSD on track

Have to praise Chris Weedens car which has an LSD fitted, as well as a posh set of cogs. It was storming in the corners and appeared to be on road tyres, the grip was amazing. My car with similar size tyes was less than amazing and I had track oriented soft grippy tyres. Inside spins on the corners and then its powered oversteer.

So, if you are looking at a good performance mod or are having your gearbox fixed its a good time to have a Quaife fitted. You wont regret it.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

http://vulcangrey.lotuscolorado.com/galler.../LSD/?g2_page=1

Done!

I just installed the Quaife LSD recently. My car is still apart though so haven't driven with it yet.

I have driven the Esprit X180-R (which has a ZF LSD) on the track, back to back with my SE (open diff at the time), and really liked the LSD feel.

I also put one in my daily driver Acura RSX Type-S from the Honda Integra Type-R.

we have just fitted a lsd in areobats v8 (we took it out of his s4), it has transformed the handling.

If i get a V8 when i get back to the UK, it will be the first mod!

The car is far mor secure when the power goes down, and i would say it would be far safer in the wet too!

Well you have to be careful in the wet/snow!

Wit the LSD now both tires will have a tendency to spin at the same time, where only one would have spun before.

It is possible for an LSD install to be more difficult to drive in those conditions.

Yeah, I've heard you get more grip initially to the point where both wheels let go then the oversteer is more sudden, witht the open diff its more progressive with one letting go first.

More grip is better in my opinion...