free hit
counters
turbos ? - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

car only has 31k on it, so i cannot believe it is bad, but it is misting a bit of oil . . .not sure . . my PO was a moron with a moron mechanic, i have fixed so many of their friggin idiotic fixes. anyway, i am seeing T3/T4 on ebay for 130$ . . .is this possible . .been a long time since i priced a turbo, last was for a porsche 930 . . .but that seems really cheap . . . for that price I will buy it and replace for the heck of it . . .anyone have any experience with these . . .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It will be a chinese knockoff turbo without ball bearings.. and it would be a very slow spool... I wouldn't suggest one that cheap.

had a lot of problems with the PUK super 60 turbo but when it was working it was awesome

power all the way

they were about

WC Engineering Stage 2 here with custom chip from PUK amongst other mods can't fault the turbo but it aint cheap!

i was just shocked at the price, there are hundreds on ebay for under $200 . . .they have real serial numbers . .must be knock offs . . .

So my 88 turbo . . .does it have a T3? I kind of like the idea of going to a T3/T4 setup . . .

Hi Chris,

The cheap turbos you can get from Ebay are most likely "chinese fake junk" ... these turbos are well known for not being well made. Poor material, poor balancing, resulting in inadequate performance and very short lifetime ...

Additionally non of these cheap turbos have the correct downpipe connector for the Esprit. What we need for the Esprit is a conical connector with 3 threaded studs. This version actually is quite rare and special.

Yes your MY88 has a T3, however there are many many different T3 versions.

Cheers

Marcus

i was just shocked at the price, there are hundreds on ebay for under $200 . . .they have real serial numbers . .must be knock offs . . .

So my 88 turbo . . .does it have a T3? I kind of like the idea of going to a T3/T4 setup . . .

Edited by Paula&Marcus