free hit
counters
Will a tall person fit? - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Veg

Will a tall person fit?

So I've been lusting for a G-Esprit for about 30 years...yes since years before I could even DRIVE...dunno when I'll be able to get one....but an important question has just come to mind for which I'd probably better know the answer before I act, should I ever save up enough loose change to buy one.

I am on the tall side. Stoopidly tall. 6'4" (or 193cm for you guys elsewhere). Now I *think* that I'll fit, because back in 1987 when I was 19 I sat for a moment in a brand-new bright-red Turbo in a dealer's showroom just for a moment, before I got chased out. I seemed to fit at the time, but memory can play tricks and I was a lot thinner then too.

I do know that British cars are generally accommodating to tall people. I've also read that the S3 & Turbo have more headroom than the S1 & S2 due to some interiour re-working. But at 6'4" and 245 lbs (111Kg) with a 34" (86cm) inseam, how comfy will I be and for how long at a time?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Gavin! That plus one other link I found do seem to provide some encouragement. Good to know that such a mundane detail probably won't smash a lifelong dream.

My only advice would be TRY before you BUY..

Yes you'll most probably fit but depending on exactly how you are proportioned will make the difference between being comfortable to drive or not.

Also I'd recommend not even considering a car without a sunroof, having it open on a tilt makes a massive difference to being comfortable and being able to sit properly.

Thanks Simon.

I think that your advice to try is very sound...I'm currently very active in the motorcycling world and in that arena I have definitely learned the importance of ergonomics.