free hit
counters
Door opening... Loud Click Sound - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shadeone

Door opening... Loud Click Sound

this has existed ever since i got my car but i figured id try to get it sorted out now because its really starting to annoy me...

every time i open the passenger side door, its gets to a certain point and then there is a loud pop noise like something snaps inside.... well i carefully watched the door opening hinge today and found out that its some sort of arm that clicks against the openeing that it goes through...

watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QkhZhVHkGA

any way to remedy this? the driver side doesnt do it...

shade

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi,

The driver side of my G car does this.

When I took off the door card, it is possible to see to the door side of this bar. There was meant to be a bolt through the slot in the end of the bar, but mine had sheared, allowing the bar to jump off it. Problem is, accessing the bolt to replace it didnt seem very straight forward, so for the moment, I'm living with it. It would probably be worth removing your door fascia as you may have a simple fix visible. It would at least allow you to take a pic to show the forum.

Thats the spring (visable there - the round bar sort of thing on the door strap)

Mine had cracked and was causing that noise, have a look.

how easy to replace? am i correct in assuming your talking about part 21 in this pic?:

esprit_10.15_large.jpg

if so that parts onle 2 dollars! hooray!

shade

Edited by shadeone

Yep - part 21.

Fairly easy to replace, take the door card off and you should be abel to get to the rail with the assembly (16) on it, from there, well the drawing paints a 1000 words doesnt it.

Looking at photos I done of mine and for some reason i put heat shrink tubing over the spring (21) I think this was to stop the 'slap' of the spring against part (20) which had basused it to break.

It's either that or it was catching on something - perhaps thats why I put the heat shrink on...you might not need a new one although I know mine had broke.