free hit
counters
Hissing SE under the chargecooler - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Hissing SE under the chargecooler

Just been under the GT2 running it up etc.

It's got this horrible hissing sound coming from the vicinity of the charge cooler - spent about 10mins in the rain :hrhr: trying to find it without any joy.

At a guess I'd say it was coming out of the inlet, there's no smoke so I think it is vacuum related.

Just cannot pin point it or find out what is causing it - the only thing I can possibly think of is the disconnected vacuum pump but that makes more of a whomping noise than a sucky hissy noise.

All hoses played with and they did not alter the tone of the hissing, engine runs (seems to at least) fine - Any ideas ?

6 months stood still the old girl fired up 1st time no probs at all :thumbsup:

facebook = [email protected]

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

under the charge cooler is the vacuum pipes for the MAP sensor, fuel pressure regulator and vacuum for the crankcase breather none of these are connect to the air pump so probably one of them popped off or split

Nope all OK, I checked everything 2-3 times, I wonder if it's a bolt I haven't tightened up or something silly.

Thats the problme with going away from something and coming back to it after time.

facebook = [email protected]